Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2017, 12:02 PM   #1
Scoundrel

Question: TST 507 TPMS

The recent thread about setting the alarm on a TPMS got me thinking.... I'm about to order a TST 507 TPMS for my '14 Micro-Lite. Question is, how does the monitor know its seeing my tire sensors when other TST 507 systems are going down the highway along with me? Has anyone had their alarms go off inexplicably? I know I'm over thinking this by the way my wife is rolling her eyes.

Rich J.
HangDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 12:29 PM   #2

I have TST 507 and you initialize each sensor with your monitor. That is how it knows what sensors to monitor. I have only used them once so far and it relieves a lot of stress by being able to monitor tire pressure and temperature.
djeirlessr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 12:31 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HangDiver View Post
The recent thread about setting the alarm on a TPMS got me thinking.... I'm about to order a TST 507 TPMS for my '14 Micro-Lite. Question is, how does the monitor know its seeing my tire sensors when other TST 507 systems are going down the highway along with me? Has anyone had their alarms go off inexplicably? I know I'm over thinking this by the way my wife is rolling her eyes.

Rich J.

Each sensor has a unique ID.
They are paired to your monitor.
Old 04-22-2017, 12:55 PM   #4

We have the TST-507 Non-Flow Through system and their are a couple things that I don't like about it you might want to think about before buying.

1. Not a huge deal but it has to cycle to through all the tires before it will Alarm on a sudden loss. Verified this because every time air gets added, it doesn't alarm until it cycles to the tire with the removed sensor. I thought it was supposed to alarm immediately but it does not. Not too big a deal if you only have 2 or 4 tires but what if you had 10 or more, that could be a full minute before it alarms.

2. The Head Unit stays on when charging, again not a huge deal but if it is charging in your RV and the temps drop down to the 30's, there is a chance you will wake up in the middle of the night in panic until you realize it's just the tire monitor beeping... (Been there done that).

MISSION COMPLETED!
gectisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 12:55 PM   #5
Too old to be too smart

As Kenny mentioned in Post #3 above, each sensor has a unique, six-digit hexadecimal ID that you individually pair with the display when you set up the system for the first time. At that same time, you assign that sensor to a physical position.

Other sensors on other trailers are not recognized by your display, as you haven't set those hexadecimal serial numbers into your system.

Here's a YouTube video to watch:

Pop

2000 F-350 7.3L CC/LB 4WD Lariat 3.73's
SpringerPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 01:10 PM   #6
Scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerPop View Post
As Kenny mentioned in Post #3 above, each sensor has a unique, six-digit hexadecimal ID that you individually pair with the display when you set up the system for the first time. At that same time, you assign that sensor to a physical position.

Other sensors on other trailers are not recognized by your display, as you haven't set those hexadecimal serial numbers into your system.
Thanks! I should have guessed/known that they're paired.
HangDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 12:53 PM   #7

Just set your pressure limit appropriately as cold and operating pressures change with temperature and running. Only issue I had after 2 years is one wheel sensor apparently had a weak battery and kept dropping out from the monitor. It saved me from a tire failure the first year.
palmetto rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 01:15 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gectisme View Post
We have the TST-507 Non-Flow Through system and their are a couple things that I don't like about it you might want to think about before buying.

1. Not a huge deal but it has to cycle to through all the tires before it will Alarm on a sudden loss. Verified this because every time air gets added, it doesn't alarm until it cycles to the tire with the removed sensor. I thought it was supposed to alarm immediately but it does not.
Based on a conversation I have with TST, the display is all that has delayed cycling. If there is a sudden drop in pressure, the alarm will sound immediately, it doesn't have to wait until the display cycle back to that wheel.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 01:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
Based on a conversation I have with TST, the display is all that has delayed cycling. If there is a sudden drop in pressure, the alarm will sound immediately, it doesn't have to wait until the display cycle back to that wheel.

That was my finding also. It says that in the manual, but you have to read between the lines.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 10:33 PM   #10

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
That was my finding also. It says that in the manual, but you have to read between the lines.
I agree that is how everything you read states it works, but when I remove a sensor to fill a tire, it doesn't alarm until it cycles to that tire. Have you done this, watch the display and then remove a sensor, mine will not alarm until it get to that tire. I suppose maybe I have a bad head unit, I will contact TST and find out.

MISSION COMPLETED!
Old 04-26-2017, 10:05 PM   #11

Quote:
X2

I may be old but I'm trying, very trying.
2015 RAM 1500 - EcoDiesel
Rockwood Ultra V 2715VS
OldBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:38 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBob View Post
X2
Well, I sent a email to TST on Monday and have heard nothing. I will send another. One question, have you tried what I wrote? Remove the sensor and see how long it takes to alarm? I have filled my tires 3-4 times in the last 5 months and every time I remove a sensor, the display does not alarm until it cycles to that tire.

MISSION COMPLETED!
Old 04-26-2017, 10:55 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gectisme View Post
Well, I sent a email to TST on Monday and have heard nothing. I will send another. One question, have you tried what I wrote? Remove the sensor and see how long it takes to alarm? I have filled my tires 3-4 times in the last 5 months and every time I remove a sensor, the display does not alarm until it cycles to that tire.
You are correct...BUT, as was explained to me by some who have used the system a long time, there are two different alarms. One is for lost contact with the sensor and the other for lost pressure or temp problem at the tire.

The lost contact is a single beep which occurs only when the monitor looks for the sensor as it cycles through all the tires. The other is a continuous "beep, beep, beep, etc" and it bypasses the cycle system, meaning if your monitor is displaying sensor one and you lose pressure on sensor six, it doesn't wait until it finishes cycling through sensors two through five. If you remove the sensor it stops transmitting so you get the lost contact alarm. I get the lost contact alarm occasionally for the spare tire sensor when I make a right turn.

Try unscrewing the sensor slightly so you hear air escaping. The sensor will activate the alarm immediately as soon as the pressure drops below the number you have established during the setup.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:47 AM   #14
Broken Toe

I just got my 507 hooked up in prep for our maiden voyage. Am I correct to assume that the monitor displays nothing if the temps/pressure is within spec. Mine cycles thru the 4 tires, and shows the appropriate tire symbol flashing, but only one tire is out of spec for inflation right now and it beeped and shows me PSI and temp for that one tire, but when it moves on, its blank again, till it gets back to the low tire.

Is this correct? Not sure why, but I was thinking it would continually display psi and temps while it cycles thru.

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 11:59 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
I just got my 507 hooked up in prep for our maiden voyage. Am I correct to assume that the monitor displays nothing if the temps/pressure is within spec. Mine cycles thru the 4 tires, and shows the appropriate tire symbol flashing, but only one tire is out of spec for inflation right now and it beeped and shows me PSI and temp for that one tire, but when it moves on, its blank again, till it gets back to the low tire.

Is this correct? Not sure why, but I was thinking it would continually display psi and temps while it cycles thru.

Tim
You have it correct... i wish it was the other way. IMO you will get more used to it doing its thing and you doing yours. After 4-5-600 miles I kinda quit studying it. I had an alert a short time after starting and I just about..ok I did freak out. Turns out I set my PSI alarm to low. I set at 75/76 PSI and Tireman set me straight on that.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 06:44 PM   #16

Quote:

Tim
My monitor cycles through six sensors, displaying actual pressure and temperature one tire at a time. There's always a pressure/temp showing and it changes which one is shown every six or so seconds.
Old 05-03-2017, 06:51 PM   #17

Quote:

Tim
I don't think that is correct. Mine also shows the psi and temp for which ever tire it is on, even when one is in alarm.

MISSION COMPLETED!
Old 05-03-2017, 06:55 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
You are correct...BUT, as was explained to me by some who have used the system a long time, there are two different alarms. One is for lost contact with the sensor and the other for lost pressure or temp problem at the tire.

The lost contact is a single beep which occurs only when the monitor looks for the sensor as it cycles through all the tires. The other is a continuous "beep, beep, beep, etc" and it bypasses the cycle system, meaning if your monitor is displaying sensor one and you lose pressure on sensor six, it doesn't wait until it finishes cycling through sensors two through five. If you remove the sensor it stops transmitting so you get the lost contact alarm. I get the lost contact alarm occasionally for the spare tire sensor when I make a right turn.

Try unscrewing the sensor slightly so you hear air escaping. The sensor will activate the alarm immediately as soon as the pressure drops below the number you have established during the setup.
I heard back from TST, they stated it should have alarmed as soon as I removed it from the tire. They are asking me to send the display in so they can take a look at it. I am on the road so I can't send it in. Will try to work something out with them.

MISSION COMPLETED!
Old 05-03-2017, 08:44 PM   #19

I tested my system when I first installed it. I held the monitor in my hand as I loosened one of the sensors. Once the pressure dropped below my threshold, it immediately flashed to the correct tire and alarmed.

2017 Cherokee 294BH
2015 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4L V8 Crew Cab
Moparman1230 is offline   Reply With Quote