Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2017, 07:15 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by onecrazyfoo4u View Post
Well I jacked up both sides and the tire camber went away, they tucked back in normal. Next time I do a tight turn parking it I'll try to level out when done.

Turns out I need to replace all 4 tires anyways. Two of them had steel wire bands showing on the inside of the tire and appear older. I'll probably replace all 4 tires and wheels to be safe. And keep one of the new tires as my spare.

Now to research the whole ST vs LT tire debacle. Looks like I can't get LTs in my 205/75/15 size...
You will be better off with Carlisle HDs anyway.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 02:45 PM   #22
Do It Yourselfer

I used to drive semi truck and if turning to sharp one of the axles on the trailer tandem will slide, depending on while axle is carrying more weight then the other. After a twisting motion like that sliding the tandem (front to back, ie) made it hard to release the locking pins.
Turning to sharp with your camper tandems especially on pavement could cause sidewall damage (a blow out down the road), or pull the bead enough to let air escape.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
It's Easy to take 'Liberty' for granted, When you have never had it taken from You!
wuffwuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 01:28 PM   #23

Questions about my new trailer

Normal for tire flex on tight turns, do not let them in the flexed position when parked. Move a little front when straight this will relieve the sidewall stress. Check tire mfg dates: Ex: 0512
Mfg'd 5th week 2012
Anything prior replace.
mfMcFroggierPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 11:01 PM   #24

IMO you need a whole new set of tires. Normally when one fails on the road it can be hard to find the brand you have on the trailer, especially unpopular brands. Also IMO, whoever previously had the trailer had a lot of tire trouble and just replaced them with whatever brand was available when they failed.

On a dual axle trailer when a tire has a complete failure at highway speeds the other tire on that side has a high probability of also being fatally damaged because of the extra weight it carries after the opposing tire failure. Many trailer owners have other failures because they do not change both tires. Looks like that may have happened with your trailer. It's always really nice to know the history of your trailer tires. Another good reason to just go ahead and change all of them.
Old 05-14-2017, 11:32 PM   #25

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4185.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	425.1 KB
ID:	137912
Old 05-14-2017, 11:37 PM   #26

Questions about my new trailer

Tires are very important.
It took 15 years before I had my first blow out. I always do a walk around at every stop. When a tandem axle trailer has a blow out replace both on the same side. I now have 4x Goodyear Marathons and 2 wheel/tire assembly spares.
This tire was noticed 1,000 miles later after blow out. I did not notice any damage at time of blow out. I also added a TPMS TST507.
Peace of mind.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4176.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	500.5 KB
ID:	137913

Original Blow out

Tags
trailer