Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2018, 05:41 PM   #1

RE: UPDATE to "One Tire out of Four Wearing Funny"

“One Tire out of Four Wearing Funny”

Information below is from prior forum post - see site to read or view brief
for those who may be interested in remedy

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ny-166486.html

BRIEF INTRO -

I own a 2017 Heritage Glen 272RL, just outside the warranty. Figures that is when all the trouble begins when warranties expire.

My left rear (or drivers side) tire seems to be wearing faster on only the inner side verses other tires. Almost as if it skidded down the road (worn that bad). I do check the tires faithfully before each trip for correct air pressure, so that is not the cause of my problem.

Last Forum ended with -
Waiting to check wheel bearings and replace bad tire.

UPDATE to ABOVE INFORMATION: ---

Left Rear (worn) tire was replaced. Had all four wheel bearings repacked. All were in tack and fine but the bearing case on bad wheel (drivers side rear) was loose, so I was told, all others were tight. I had the frame checked for damage or defective welds while work was being done on RV and no issues were found.

Answer for now on tire wear - either defective tire or loose bearing case.

Funny part about the bearing casement, must have come from factory that way. This is the first time the wheel bearings on my travel trailer have been repacked. It is out of warranty and I know I would have a tough claim to prove that is was a factory install problem because I had not seen till now.

Only thing not checked was axle.
Hoping it is not a problem but only time will tell.
Done with long haul road trips till next year.
KEN9XL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire