Old 12-15-2013, 09:49 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATVer View Post
Checked my codes and I have the correct plant code and date codes so it looks like 6 new tires for my Sunseeker.
Thanks for letting us know this ATVer. I see from your profile you have a 2012 Sunseeker, so I am assuming these Michelins are original equipment tires?

The reason I ask is to ascertain which model Forest River RV's that our fellow Forest River Forum members may have these tires on, so we can help spread the word to them.

I hope others who have these tires will also post their RV models too.

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:52 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Thanks for letting us know this ATVer. I see from your profile you have a 2012 Sunseeker, so I am assuming these Michelins are original equipment tires?

The reason I ask is to ascertain which model Forest River RV's that our fellow Forest River Forum members may have these tires on, so we can help spread the word to them.

I hope others who have these tires will also post their RV models too.
Yes, original tires with only about 4000 miles which is good if Michelin wants to prorate when replacing them. I was involved with a recall once before when my tires were almost worn out and I thought, great, I'll get new tires free which was not the case.
Coach is a 2012 model built in November 2011 on a 2011 E450 chassis built in June 2011. It seems that Ford installs the tires the same way on the rims. Thus the date codes are hard to read on the rears because they are on the inside of the duals. Fronts are easier being on the outside.

Old 12-16-2013, 09:36 AM   #13
Site Team

Very responsible thing for Michelin to do. Trail Express and many others are blowing up and no one takes responsibility. Love my Michelins.
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:56 PM   #14

I have these tires on my 2013 Sunseeker 2300. I took delivery on June 19, 2012. The tires have 18300 miles on them. I talk to Michelin and they said they would replace all six, no charge. Thanks to this forum for making me aware of the recall.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #15
Love My Sunseeker

I have a 2013 Sunseeker that came ordered from the Factory, I took delivery in October 2012.

I just checked my tires. Yeppers, I got them. I called the Michelin customer care number. The important thing is the "Date Code."

B3JH AKEX, and then the next number has to be between 0210 and 2512. My number is 2212.

Ok, I want to know. We get new tires, but will we have to pay for mounting and balancing? That would be lousy if we have to pay those costs. "Oh, you get new tires, here's the catch, you pay for mounting and balancing."

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:06 PM   #16
Love My Sunseeker

I have all of the numbers on my tire except the LRE, does the LRE mean anything? The LRE is NOT on my tire. Where do I get the plant code?

Old 12-21-2013, 12:07 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXSMac View Post
I have a 2013 Sunseeker that came ordered from the Factory, I took delivery in October 2012.

I just checked my tires. Yeppers, I got them. I called the Michelin customer care number. The important thing is the "Date Code."

B3JH AKEX, and then the next number has to be between 0210 and 2512. My number is 2212.

Ok, I want to know. We get new tires, but will we have to pay for mounting and balancing? That would be lousy if we have to pay those costs. "Oh, you get new tires, here's the catch, you pay for mounting and balancing."
You forgot the new stems they will want to install.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:18 PM   #18
Love My Sunseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
You forgot the new stems they will want to install.

Not to mention the extenders. I gotta have extenders. I can't fill the inside tire without the extenders.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:24 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXSMac View Post
Not to mention the extenders. I gotta have extenders. I can't fill the inside tire without the extenders.
Those you can reuse.

If you have metal stems the rubber seal may be replaced rather than the whole thing.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #20
Love My Sunseeker

I called Michelin again. The rep kept repeating, "The customer doesn't have to pay a cent." I kept asking, "what about mounting and balancing?" Again, the rep repeated the "customer doesn't have to pay a cent." I kept trying to press about mounting, balancing, and valve stems. All I got was the "customer doesn't have to pay a cent." DUDE! YOU AREN'T ANSWERING MY QUESTION!

I tried to call for an appointment, but service doesn't operate on Saturday where I called. So, I will call again on Monday to get an appointment.

But I got another confirmation of the LTX M/S LT 225/75R16 thing, and that the B3 thing was big deal.

Tags
led, recall