Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2017, 12:17 PM   #1

Ride-Rite

Greetings. I hope this is the proper place to post this question about the Ride-Rite. We have a 3011 DS 2016 Forester we purchased new last year. Today I tried to put some air in the Ride-Rite since both sides were low. I pumped both sides up to about 58 psi. Roughly 10 minutes later I checked them and they were down to around 25 psi. I pumped them up again and waited about 10 minutes to check them with the same results. Seems they are not holding the air pressure. I called the local dealer and made an appointment to bring the RV in to have them find out what's wrong.
Since my wife and I are still relatively new to RVing, I am writing to ask if anyone else with the Ride-Rite has had a similar problem and what I might expect the dealer to say in terms of repairing it. We did purchase the extended warranty so I am hoping that will cover most of the repairs.
Thank you.
JerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 05:09 AM   #2

Bags

Before I deal with the Dealer on the air bags, Check the air lines on each side, from the air valve to the bag, make sure the lines are tight, check the valve cores, air the bags to 80psi, and use soap at the connections points, the lines and hardware is not that hard to replace, Now the bags will loose some pressure, Mine leaked down to 75 from 82psi in 10 days. if you do find a bad line, I would replace both sides to a single air line , to air up both bags at the same time. ( one of the items Im going to do in the fall)
Ive got the same RV, yr and model
Happy camping and travels
No-Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 05:16 AM   #3

Yep, get some soap water and put it on all the connector on the lines.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:39 PM   #4

Ride-Right Air Leaks

I installed Ride-Right air springs on my 2006 Sunseeker 3100, and it was one of the most horrible ordeals I have ever had with automotive type kits, taking at least 20 hours of hard and frustrating work to adapt this kit that supposedly was designed for my E450 motorhome chassis (it was way off regarding frame alignment and body clearance, and I had to re-engineer it, barely making it fit). Regarding the air leak, I had that too. The 90° fittings in the top of the bag have pre-applied sealant, but it doesn't start until half way up the pipe threads. The fitting gets tight after about 2 turns, and doesn't reach the sealer. If the installer doesn't apply his own sealant to the very bottom threads, there will be a very slight leak, and it may not be viewable or enough to cause bubbles when testing. That would be my guess for your problem.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote