Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2016, 09:27 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
tuckerdog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 471
Rim pressure & rotation direction

Was reading a thread yesterday concerning tire upgrades. Somewhere in that discussion, it was mentioned that not only the tires, but rims also have a max air pressure rating. So out to the TT I go to find out what that is for my rims. I could find nothing about air pressure. Each rim did have two stickers. One telling me to use only soap & water to clean. The other was a rotational direction sticker. Very surprised about that. Guess I need to be sure these wind up on the same side of the TT when they come off for new rubber.

Where do I find that air pressure rating?

Thanks,
Tuckerdog1
__________________

__________________

2016 RAM 2500 Cummins SLT Lone Star 4X4 LB ( Mine )
2015 Genesis 5.0 ( Hers )
2016 Windjammer 3029W Platinum ( Ours )
I'm not an expert. But I play one on the internet.
You live & learn or you don't live long.
tuckerdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 07:53 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Kenny kustom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,340
Back side of the rim.
You have to remove the wheel to see it!


2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
__________________

__________________
2017 Dynamax Isata 4
Kenny kustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 08:21 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
tuckerdog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post
Back side of the rim.
You have to remove the wheel to see it!


2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Of course. Why should it be easy

Thanks,
Tuckerdog1
__________________

2016 RAM 2500 Cummins SLT Lone Star 4X4 LB ( Mine )
2015 Genesis 5.0 ( Hers )
2016 Windjammer 3029W Platinum ( Ours )
I'm not an expert. But I play one on the internet.
You live & learn or you don't live long.
tuckerdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 08:33 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckerdog1 View Post
Of course. Why should it be easy

Thanks,
Tuckerdog1
Mine was stamped inside the rim so the tire had to come off to see it....
__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 12:33 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Crusadernoob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 589
First time I ever heard of a directional rim?
__________________
2006 2500HD CCSB 2WD 2014 Crusader 285RET
Nights camped in 2013 - not enough!
Nights camped in 2014 37

Nights camped in 2015 40
Nights camped in 2016 39
nights camped in 2017 38
Crusadernoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 12:35 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckerdog1 View Post
. The other was a rotational direction sticker. Very surprised about that. Guess I need to be sure these wind up on the same side of the TT when they come off for new rubber.

Where do I find that air pressure rating?

Thanks,
Tuckerdog1
Directional rims on a TT? That's a new one for me. Well, at least they told you.
__________________
Springerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 12:49 PM   #7
Occasional campers
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckerdog1 View Post
Was reading a thread yesterday concerning tire upgrades. Somewhere in that discussion, it was mentioned that not only the tires, but rims also have a max air pressure rating. So out to the TT I go to find out what that is for my rims. I could find nothing about air pressure. Each rim did have two stickers. One telling me to use only soap & water to clean. The other was a rotational direction sticker. Very surprised about that. Guess I need to be sure these wind up on the same side of the TT when they come off for new rubber.

Where do I find that air pressure rating?

Thanks,
Tuckerdog1
I haven't found anything on our rims in a spot that's reasonable to get to. Nothing on the manufacturer's web site. I tried contacting the company; no response. After a lot of searching I finally found one supplier's web site that listed a pressure for them.
__________________
Ray and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 12:53 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
BandJCarm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Between Pickles Gap and Toad Suck, AR
Posts: 3,307
I have asked Forest River via email for this info on my trailer several times, via email, for over 8 weeks. No response.

I simply want to know A) whether the rims I have will validly accept a G614 tire, and B) will the axles I have accept a new 17.5" wheel with GY611 tires.

Can't get an answer.
__________________
"Next to prayer, fishing is the most personal relationship of man" Herbert Hoover
"American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of God"Lewis Grizzard

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 01:24 PM   #9
Dr Travel
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Full timers
Posts: 105
You won't get an answer because it would make them liable for damages if they "endorsed" anything by answering your question.
__________________
robsshots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 01:25 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
BandJCarm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Between Pickles Gap and Toad Suck, AR
Posts: 3,307
Well........oddly enough, when I asked, the person I emailed said "Yes, I'm the one that can answer that. Let me get back to you".

And never did.
__________________

__________________
"Next to prayer, fishing is the most personal relationship of man" Herbert Hoover
"American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of God"Lewis Grizzard

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
pressure

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16 PM.