Old 12-12-2013, 10:57 AM   #1
Rim Pressures

I found out some very interesting information yesterday. How it started I bought the highly recommended TST system for my RV. I called TST about installing them on rubber stems. They stated it would be fine if the stem is no longer then 1and1/4". Well I went to Good Year for my Marathrons. They installed a brass high pressure stem for 10.00 per tire. I asked the mechanic to show me the much talked about rating of the rim. It was stamped on the inside spoke. My rims are rated for 2160 lbs. My axels are 4000 lbs. When I looked up the pressure rating on the web site Series 06, aluminum trailer wheels by HWT, Inc. I found the pressure related to the stamped 2160 and it states 60 PSI. Aways thought they were rated at 65 PSI, such as my cold pressure rateing of 65 LBs. on the tire. He said to inflate them to the 65 pound rateing of the tire not the rim. So that is what we did. He said the rim will hold that pressure without a problem. Also told me it would be worst to run that tire at the 60lb. rim rating. And to always run them at the Cold Pressure. I thought I would pass that on FR just makes it with what they install. My true wheel weight is 1650 per wheel. He said that's fine but it would be bad for the tire to drop and run them at 50 lbs, per there charts. I guess I learn a little more everyday.....

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 02:38 PM   #2
At NAF El Centro, CA.

NAF_El_Centro14 - RV Photo Gallery
Airdale is offline   Reply With Quote