Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2015, 10:20 PM   #1

Rim Tire Pressure Rating

Where can I find the tire pressure rating for my rims? I want to see if I can buy a tire rated for 110psi.
Fatty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 10:50 PM   #2

It should be engraved on the inside of your rims. They don't make it easy to find. Be prepared to go crawling around under your unit.
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 06:40 PM   #3

The rims on my trailer are only rated for 80psi. So I'm going to upgrade to 17.5 rims and tires.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:56 PM   #4
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty1 View Post
The rims on my trailer are only rated for 80psi. So I'm going to upgrade to 17.5 rims and tires.
Who are you going through? The 2 dealers that I found for this were Rickson Tire out of Maryland and TrailerTireAndWheel.com in Indiana. I found Heather at Rickson to be super friendly and helpful, but they also had a 3-week turn around time AND were $400 more than TT&W. TT&W were able to ship the next day and the tires arrived a day or two later. I also liked my wheel options better at TT&W.
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 12:27 PM   #5
MCTroy

ok, so silly question, if the rating for the rims are on the inside -- does that mean the inside that faces toward the center of the truck or do you have to take the tires off to find the rating? is this different for TT and TV?
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 07:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCTroy View Post
ok, so silly question, if the rating for the rims are on the inside -- does that mean the inside that faces toward the center of the truck or do you have to take the tires off to find the rating? is this different for TT and TV?
Most if not all rims the info you are looking for is stamped on the inside of the wheel, so yes you need to dismount the tire to find the number.
So off brands or low end wheels might have stamped in the back flange area but very rare.
silverback 35ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 11:55 AM   #7

Your rims are not required to be marked with a load capacity or tire inflation capacity. Some OEM providers will demand that one or the other or both be displayed on the rims they want to provide. Other vendors may not provide any capacities. The ultimate responsibility rests in the hands of the trailer manufacturer. Their requirement is to provide a tire/rim paring that is compatible with each other. The tire manufacturer provides a list of rims compatible with each tire they make.

The rim manufacturer must provide part number and serial number (if applicable) for each rim and insure each rim displays such information. Load capacity is the primary factor.

So, bottom line. When in doubt, get the numbers off the rim in question and call it’s manufacturer for load capacity Confirmation.

Rims are certified by SAE.
Airdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 08:20 AM   #8

I found the load rating stamped on the back of the wheel. It did not have a PSI rating. I called the trailer manufacturer and they gave me the info of who they bought their wheels and tires from. Tread It, I called them and they said the wheels would not handle PSI. So I decided to order new 17.5 wheels so I could move to an LT tire.
Old 09-19-2015, 08:45 AM   #9

Sometimes you can find a web site stamped on the tire, FR uses alot of rims from lionhead they have a site that will give you that I will attach a example if the site is working today
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Rockwood rims.pdf (228.4 KB, 103 views)

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pressure, tire