Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2012, 09:29 AM   #1

RV Wholesalers/Forest River stand by Factory warranty

We purchased through RV Wholsalers a new 2013 2109s and drove to Ohio from Kansas City, Missouri to pick it up on June 9, 2012. We found our experience to be pleasant and our ordered trailer ready and waiting for us. We did blow a fuse to the slider on our drive back to Missouri, but once we called RV Wholsalers about the issue they helped us locate where the blown fuse was and problem solved. However, after our arrival back home I noticed that one of the trailer tires was not holding the proper PSI of 50 lbs. Took it to a tire repair and they said the wheel rim itseld had a pinhole leak and it could not be repaired. None of the local Forest River dealers in our area would honor the factory warranty regarding the wheel because we had purchased out of state from RV Wholesalers. I called Forest River about the problem and they indicated they would stand by the factory warranty but I would have to purchase a new wheel and then they would reimburse my submitted receipt. I then contacted RV Wholsalers, and emailed David Durnell, Vice President and explained to him our situation and he contacted Forest River, and had them ship to us at no cost to us a new wheel and tire and was willing to pay for the mounting as well just in time for our upcoming vacation on July 14, 2012. I wanted to attach a small movie of the wheel showing the leak that exists in the wheel rim but apparently there isn't a way that I could do that in this forum. Thanks to all at RV Wholesalers and David Durnell! I know some on this forum have had problems with RV wholesalers but I wanted others to know that our experience thus far exceeded our expectations especially when the local Forest River dealers failed to help us.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wheel 2109S front.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	16449   Click image for larger version

Name:	wheel 2109S back.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	16450  
kvn4th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:06 AM   #2

Good to hear your problem was taken care of. It's nice to see a positive experience posted. Most of the time we just read the horror stories. Happy Camping!
bob213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:07 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Out of curosity, where was the pinhole leak on the rim?

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:13 AM   #4

I had the exact same problem and was satisfactorily resolved by our dealer. Here is where my wheel was leaking:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wheel Pinhole.JPG
Views:	193
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	16452
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:15 AM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

China bomb wheels now?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Monica View Post
Out of curosity, where was the pinhole leak on the rim?

Dave
Yes there most definitely was, I wanted to post the small movie on this forum but the format apparently was not allowed.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankm View Post
I had the exact same problem and was satisfactorily resolved by our dealer. Here is where my wheel was leaking:

Attachment 16452
Basically, that was the same place on the wheel we encountered!

Tags
2109s, wheel, warranty