Old 06-29-2009, 09:09 PM   #1
screw scissor stabilizer jack carter pin

i have wildwood, 2008, 29bhbsLE.

last month as i was packing up and spinning up the four support jacks, i noticed that i am turning the screw on the jack but the support foot is not rising to close. as i looked closer i noticed a carter pin was suppose to be in the backplate that locked the screw to the uprights of the jack.

does anyone know the size of this carter pin and where i could get one. maybe i need to get an assortment and try them

2008 Wildwood LE 29BHBS
wildwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:00 PM   #2
Don't know what size it is, but Harbor Freight has assortment packs that's where I got mine at

cma659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:28 AM   #3
Head Rambler
It should be 1/8" x 1-1/2". Lowes has an aisle with all kinds of fasteners and a pretty good selection of cotter pins. I'd either go to Harbor Freight and buy the assortment or pick up a few at Lowes whitchever is most convenient.
Salem 29RKSS Pushing a 2500 Mega-Cab CTD!
Gotta go campin!
Bama Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 01:07 PM   #4
Enjoying Member
After having the same thing happen to me during the second usage of our camper after getting it brand new. Then having it happen again on 4th trip. Got tired of these terrible clips falling out. As many of us use a ratching portable impact gun, these clips come out too often. Very poor design if you ask me. My best friend and I both have Wildwood 23FLSRV campers and we removed all of the stab jacks, opened them at the top to gain total access to the area, removed these clips, drilled out to 3/16" and replaced with a 3/16" steel roll pin available from any home improvement store. It's a 10 minute per stab jack fix. It's a very inexpensive fix. You wont ever loose another clip and they wont break with the use of an impact gun.

Hope this helps someone out there reading the board.

Scottster n Kimmer
Scott n Kimmer

Nights Camped: 2013-15 2012-28 2011-16 2010-10 2009-30
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 2WD w/trailer pkg 345HP 5.7 Hemi/5spd Auto/3.92 Rear
2008 Wildwood 23FLSRV - Prodigy Brake Controller - BlueOx WD Hitch
2011 Harley Electra-Glide Ultra Limited (His Bike) - 2005 V-Star 650 Classic (Her Bike)
ScottnKimmer is offline   Reply With Quote