Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2015, 11:53 AM   #1

Service Problems with R-Pod

We have a 177 that we have been thoroughly enjoying.
May 3rd 2015
The furnace developed a problem and we made arrangements to take it to the dealer where we purchased it. While there, we would also be getting the wheel bearings serviced as it had been 11 months since last serviced and the summer season was approaching.
Unfortunately, just 45 miles short of the dealer, the driver side wheel bearing failed! Got the rig slowed down quickly and off the highway. Contacted AAA and after several hours got the trailer transported to the dealer. It took the dealer a couple of weeks just to determine that the entire axle would need to be replaced. They claimed that Forest River would not answer their inquires. They finally got the axle ordered and after a couple more weeks it arrived. BENT! and unusable! They refused the shipment and had it returned to Indiana, immediately ordering another with a rush on it. Been two more weeks now and still no axle. All attempts to contact Forest River by email, and phone message have been completely ignored.
Is this what this company is about? We have been ardent promoters of the R-Pod everywhere we go, but this experience is casting a very dark shadow on them.
Anybody out there with similar experience?
sujopodders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 11:58 AM   #2

I thought axles were bent on purpose. I'm no axle expert by any means though. I think a failure after 11 months is unreasonable unless you were on the road the entire time. Just mho.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 06-29-2015, 12:03 PM   #3

We did put some miles on it, but not really unreasonable. It is past the warranty, but we too thought an axle should last longer than it did. Tired of fighting with the service department, just want our RV back before this season passes us.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:37 PM   #4

How familiar are you with your dealer? A good dealer is grand! Maybe fr has problems with your dealer. Just speculation on my part. I've never had any issues with my dealer and getting warranty work done. There are always exceptions. Sorry to hear about not having your trailer. I've owned cargo trailers and some I've never looked at the bearings and no issues. I know that's bad...

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 06-29-2015, 12:42 PM   #5

Always had a good relationship with them, however their main business is marine craft and this time of year is the busiest for them.
This just in;
Got a response from a FR representative and they said the new axle shipped today.
Now we can only hope that it gets here in good condition, and, soon!

Tags
service