Old 05-08-2012, 07:23 PM   #1
Slide problem

We had a problem bringing in the 3rd slide on our Cottage trailer. This is the heaviest slide with the kitchen and appliances. The first 2 came in properly and the 3rd one knocked the 12V lights way down. The slide kept coming in, so we continued. My converter is a 80A and it can run w/o a battery, however it definitely got hot I had removed the battery as we were storing the unit for the summer. The path for the slide was clear and fluid was ok. Factory rep says we need the battery to work properly but I think there is an issue with the slide? Not sure what to expect when we go back in the fall? I have no experience with hydraulic slides as we have only had electric.

lmacnaug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
I do suggest using the battery and be plugged into shore power .

your battery gives the system capacity. I WOULD not run without a battery !
AS you found out why " definitely got hot"

welcome to the forums read here when you get time >>
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote

l&p mac