Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2014, 10:48 AM   #1

Stabilizers on 3008

On this windjammer with the stabilizers down if anyone even moves in a seat the whole trailer bounces and shifts terribly. I have all wheels blocked front and back with wedges and stabilizers down as far as they will go. Do I need to also use jacks under it as well?
Carrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 11:33 AM   #2

Yes,it will (Help) reduce the Spring in a 34ft+ unit! Youroo!! Run a Search on this subject!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 11:40 AM   #3

Ok help me out here with what I need and where to put them. This frame sure must not be very ridgid cause like I say my 110lb wife can damn near toss me out of bed when sure walks anywhere in this trailer and when my 230lb fat ass walks she about hits the roof. It really is not a nice experience.

Oh one other thing is I saw a trailer not sure what brand but they had stabilizer bars under the pull outs. I'm not sure if thats a good thing or not.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:16 PM   #4
Happy owner SOB

We had a 3008, in my opinion the thin, lightweight frame is the big reason because of the diagonal flex. We used xchocks between the wheels in addition to the 4 frame mounted jacks I tried 4 additional screw type RV jacks, 2 at bumper and 2 at front at front of axles. I didn't think jacks under the slides was a good idea. Somewhat improved but still not great. The Yorkies jumping off the bed would still shake it... I believe that same flex is causing the cracks in the walls. Too much length to be"half ton towable"

2015 F350 4X4 Crew Cab Lariat
Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS
sheriff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 05:33 PM   #5
Mod free 5er

We've owned trailers since 1975 and had the same problem until we put the aluminum post jacks under each corner. The light wt frames certainly contribute, but the old trailers had structural I beams and still shook until properly blocked.

Set of 4 New Aluminum Stabilizer Jacks for RV camper Trailer 5th Wheel | eBay
Old 09-06-2014, 07:12 PM   #6

Old Coot I found a post where you mounted two scissor jacks on each side. Looks like you had them just in front of front tire. How did they work out and do you think there would be any warranty issues for me if I did. Also I may just try a couple of light cheap bottle jacks there as well.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:18 PM   #7
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrier View Post
Old Coot I found a post where you mounted two scissor jacks on each side. Looks like you had them just in front of front tire. How did they work out and do you think there would be any warranty issues for me if I did. Also I may just try a couple of light cheap bottle jacks there as well.
I have since traded those to Herk/youroo for a set of electric stab jacks. Both work great and have nothing to do with voiding a warranty as they were/are held on with "U" straps welded on the jacks and a bolt on the top to hold them on the 2 x 4 tubing running across the frame. Remove 2 bolts and the jacks come off with no holes drilled in the trailer.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:27 PM   #8

You mounted them to the square tubing above the front axle correct? There sure doesn't look like much room there.
I'm no rocket scientist but to me putting two in the middle of trailer on each side of the frame should take a lot of the flex away.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:47 PM   #9
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrier View Post
You mounted them to the square tubing above the front axle correct? There sure doesn't look like much room there.
I'm no rocket scientist but to me putting two in the middle of trailer on each side of the frame should take a lot of the flex away.
They are on the bottom of the 2x4 tube and the U only sticks up about 1/2". Plenty of room for the 3/8" bolt to go over the top of the tubing. The jacks will work also, I'm just too lazy to mess with 2 jacks and the time and effort to use them. All I do is hold a toggle switch in the up or down position. Don't have to find a place to stow them either. Old folks are lazy by nature.

Tags
stabilizers