Old 11-14-2013, 04:26 PM   #11

Its hard to tell from you profile pic and since you don't have your unit listed in your signature line it appears you have a sabre.
If so the spare tire is located in the front storage bay and hangs below frame ?

I have a 2013 365saq Sandpiper. The spare wheel is located on the exterior under the front storage. It hangs down the full depth off the tire and is flush if not slightly in front of the front lower edge off the camper under the door. The only mod I may need to do is flip the foot on the Steadyfast so it protrudes forward and maybe weld an extension to it so the crossbar clears the wheel enough. Will see. The PIper is a long unit. Almost 42'. Even with xchocks, tripod, rear stabs cranked, and a couple of A frame universal stabs under the frame in a couple of places it still moves as the kids move around back there. The universals helped a lot tho I must say.
If you click on my profile pic is my unit not listed? I can see it when I do. And other people's. just curious. Thought it was visible to all. I do use the app all the time tho. Maybe that's the difference. Thanks for the input.

2013 Sandpiper 365SAQ
2008 Ford F350 Super Duty
6.4L Powerstroke Long Bed CC
5erDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #12
Denver, CO
I have Winfields since they do the side to side WITHOUT drilling any holes. and they tighten better than the thumbscrews. With these, rotochocks and the rear stabs thing are steady.

2007 Chevy 2500HD Classic LBZ Duramax/Allison (Stock)
2005 Bigfoot 1500C8.2 AWESOME
garbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:03 PM   #13

Try Xchocks first. My V-lite would almost make us seasick with the rockin' & rollin'. The Xchocks have eliminated almost all of it, but not all. It could be a 2 digit fix vs. a 3 digit fix.

2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 Duramax Crewcab
Jeep Commander - sold
Flagstaff V-Lite WRB26
kz08h5 is offline   Reply With Quote