Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2016, 12:02 PM   #21

I tried to put Goodyear G rated on my Crusader and there was only about 1/2 inch to 3/4 clearance between the back sidewall of the tire and the slide rod that operates the slide. The dealer proved to me if I starting losing air pressure the sidewall of the tire would contact the slide rod and shred the inner sidewall of the tire. The only thing I could of done is find a rim with offset the would work.
Sold 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL
Sold - 2015 Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel -
2015 Ford F350 SRW Cargo Capacity 3744
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 12:24 PM   #22

AS Davidg mentioned the Constancy tire seems to be a cheap China tire. I have them on my Sabre and am having Maxxis installed tomorrow. I ordered them through Discount tire and it took a week to get them in the store. Cost about $176 per mounted with Discounts tire replacement warranty.
jrmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 01:11 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmorris View Post
AS Davidg mentioned the Constancy tire seems to be a cheap China tire. I have them on my Sabre and am having Maxxis installed tomorrow. I ordered them through Discount tire and it took a week to get them in the store. Cost about $176 per mounted with Discounts tire replacement warranty.
JR, that's a good price. I do not have a Discount Tire store in my area, and the closest Maxxis dealer is over 150 miles away, but I'm still planning on having them installed. From Amazon, they are $159 per tire no shipping cost. Then probably $20 - $25 per tire to have them mounted and balanced. If I could get them installed for what you paid, I would have it done tomorrow.
I will register them with Maxxis, but I'm sure there will be zero warranty in my case, which does bug me a little.
Old 03-23-2016, 01:26 PM   #24

Maxxis trailer tire warranty.

Trailer Warranty | Maxxis Tires USA
Old 03-23-2016, 01:40 PM   #25
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidg View Post
JR, that's a good price. I do not have a Discount Tire store in my area, and the closest Maxxis dealer is over 150 miles away, but I'm still planning on having them installed. From Amazon, they are $159 per tire no shipping cost. Then probably $20 - $25 per tire to have them mounted and balanced..
I ordered my Maxxis from discounttiredirect.com and had them shipped directly to me (no shipping cost). The local Merchant tire place mounted them for me for nothing more than tipping the garage guys for the first 3. For the second 2, the manager was around and I had to pay.

I didn't have them balanced. They talked me out of it - against my better good sense.
Old 03-23-2016, 02:19 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdale View Post
Maxxis trailer tire warranty.

Trailer Warranty | Maxxis Tires USA
Airdale, How do you interpret this from Maxxis website? Especially the part about the warranty only being valid if they were oem tires on the trailer. Just curious.

Eligibility

You are eligible for the benefits of this warranty (the “Limited Warranty”) only if you are the original owner and consumer of new Maxxis trailer tires, such tires bear the original Department of Transportation(DOT)-prescribed tire identification numbers, "and" such tires are on the trailer upon which they were originally installed according to the trailer manufacturer’s or Maxxis’ recommendations.
Old 03-23-2016, 06:15 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidg View Post
Airdale, How do you interpret this from Maxxis website? Especially the part about the warranty only being valid if they were oem tires on the trailer. Just curious.

Eligibility

You are eligible for the benefits of this warranty (the “Limited Warranty”) only if you are the original owner and consumer of new Maxxis trailer tires, such tires bear the original Department of Transportation(DOT)-prescribed tire identification numbers, "and" such tires are on the trailer upon which they were originally installed according to the trailer manufacturer’s or Maxxis’ recommendations.
Consumer is the same thing as purchaser. Owner, is owner of new unused Maxxis tires.

When you register your tires send maxxis an email requesting their warranty information. You are going to use them to replace like sized tires, aren't you?
Old 03-23-2016, 07:17 PM   #28

Yes, the trailer came with 235/80R16, which is the size Maxxis tire I'm looking at.
Old 03-23-2016, 07:54 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I ordered my Maxxis from discounttiredirect.com and had them shipped directly to me (no shipping cost). The local Merchant tire place mounted them for me for nothing more than tipping the garage guys for the first 3. For the second 2, the manager was around and I had to pay.
I didn't have them balanced. They talked me out of it - against my better good sense.
I checked their website. They are actually a couple bucks less than Amazon. They also have a $20 per tire "insurance" plan. I read through the details. They sure make it sound good, and for ST tires, that may not be a bad deal, as long as they don't require the old tire back...shipping to be at the owners expense of course.

Tags
tire