Old 11-14-2013, 02:31 AM   #71
Plug It Right

I can only state our personal opinion which is Yes They Work. We purchased the TST brand over 4years ago and have been very pleased with it. We have a 38' triple and pull it with our new 2014 Ram. Within the 1st 600 miles it saved us twice.
The 1st time was because we still have rubber valve stems on our RV and with age and heat, the stem had dry rotted a bit and the system let us know we had a leak. We added metal valve stems and that issue was taken care of. Later when pulling into a parking area the temp alarm showed 165!!! The tire was fine but the heat coming from the behind the wheel was extreme. Turns our a brake caliper stuck and the system alerted us to check things out. Did we have to replace the rotor? yes but it saved the tire and potential fiberglass damage. We have not needed a repeater.Hugs, Di

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
I have a 39ft 5er with a Chevy 3500 long-bed and the TST 507 system works great for me with no repeater. Your results may be different. Try it. Add the repeater if you need it.

1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Suspension, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Automatic Leveling System, TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Plug It Right Stabilizers.http://www.plugitright.com/5thwheelREDO.html
Dutch & Di is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:35 AM   #72

Just put the screw on type here, both on trailer and tow vehicle....TV only lets me know when pressure on rear tire goes below 75 psi....I like just looking TPMS when I get in truck to see if need to air tire....and what temps are....have rubber stems here and so far no trouble....course I don t drive fast .....everyone passes me.....still have not figured out why they always pass me about three times in a day....

2011 Silverado 2500HD 6.0 Gas 3.73
2013 Flagstaff 8524 RLWS
1978 Cape Dory Ketch
sail2liv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:08 PM   #73
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sail2liv View Post
Just put the screw on type here, both on trailer and tow vehicle....TV only lets me know when pressure on rear tire goes below 75 psi....I like just looking TPMS when I get in truck to see if need to air tire....and what temps are....have rubber stems here and so far no trouble....course I don t drive fast .....everyone passes me.....still have not figured out why they always pass me about three times in a day....
GM developed special rubber stemmed TPMS valve hole sensors. Not sure what the pressure rating is on them but am sure they exceed the rating for the OE tires.
Passenger rubber stems are only rated for 65 psi max so you are taking a chance with the TT especially the extra weight, though small, is also using up any safety factor you might have had. I strongly suggest bolt in valves when screw-on TPM sensors are used and/or when the tire pressure is 60 psi or higher.

Snap-in valves should also be replaced whenever you replace tires as the valves age out too and its easier to remember to do it then than try and keep track of when you last replaced the snap in valves.

I write a blog on RV tire application and safety and give seminars on tires at RV events across the US. 40 years experience as tire design & quality engineer for major tire mfg. Freelander 23QB on Chevy chassis is my RV
RV Tire Safety Blog
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pressure, tire