Old 07-30-2013, 10:22 AM   #1

Tire pressure monitoring

It has been awhile since we talked about tire pressure monitoring systems. Some new people might like to know that a few of us are using them. I bought a TST 507 a couple of years ago and am very happy. I use the system on my Blue Ridge and have two extra to put on my ATV trailer when pulling tandem. I also put them on any trailer or boat when not pulling the 5er. The parameters are easy to set between my 70 psi 5er and the 40 psi boat. There are other brands out there but I am not familiar with them.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:41 AM   #2

What is the brand name. after all these tire failure post gets me to wanting to add one to my new tt

Prothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:10 AM   #3

TST is the brand name and the unit is 507. I know that there are others out there but this brand is the only one that I have experience with. I broke my cigarette lighter power cord and they are sending one immediately without expense. The 507 is easy to use and I have had no trouble with it. I first bought the 507 from recommendations here on this forum.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:21 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

I've just received a 507 system from TST. They can now be ordered with flow through sensors so you can inflate/deflate without removing the sensor. The flow through sensors are locked onto the valve stem with a small set screw to prevent easy theft.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:51 AM   #5

i found one here Amazon.com: TST 507rv Tire Monitor System - Monitors PSI and Temperature -Non Flow Through System Model: Automotive
i will have to talk to the banker about another purchase. she is getting a little tierd of me saying but we really need this
Prothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:59 AM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prothos View Post
i found one here Amazon.com: TST 507rv Tire Monitor System - Monitors PSI and Temperature -Non Flow Through System Model: Automotive
i will have to talk to the banker about another purchase. she is getting a little tierd of me saying but we really need this
Show her all the threads about rv tire issues .
Then ask her if $300.00 and her safety is worth it.

Turbs
Old 07-30-2013, 12:00 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prothos View Post
As you already have TPMS on your Ram truck, you'd only need a system with 4 sensors no the 6 listed in the amazon ad.

Dave

Old 07-31-2013, 09:57 AM   #8

I am on my first trip using the tst internal sensors. Looks like I am going to have to add a repeater. The old screw on didn't need a repeater.

The sensors were easy to justify after a flat bent up the side of the trailer.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:00 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

FWIW...I went with the flow through sensors for the convenience of inflating/deflating without removing the sensor. Because of the extra length/weight of these sensors, full metal valve stems are required as they may cause rubber valve stems to fail.

Dave

Old 07-31-2013, 10:25 AM   #10

I thought abt the flow thrus but wanted to get away from the externals. The old screw on system would either unscrew slightly or the stem would bend and I would loose pressure.
My stems should be metal due to the pressure alone. If I didn't double check the installation, they would sneak in the rubber ones. Eden had one install a rubber stem that had a chrome decorative piece on it that they tried to pass off as metal.
Oh, if ur tst system an old one, iit won't be comparable with the newer ones. I don't know when they made the change but it may be worth a call to tst before buying. Mine were abt 4 yrs old and had to be individually (manually) programmed in. Batteries were not user replaceable.

Tags
pressure, tire