Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2018, 03:41 PM   #1

Tire Replacement

I have a 2014 SS 2500TS, came with General Tire Grabbers. 225/75/R16. Have no idea where to go to get tire replacement, Chevy 4500 chasis.

Thanks,

25Snakeman02
25snakeman02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 03:53 PM   #2

We don't know where to tell you to go, either, since you didn't tell us where you are.

If you have a Sam's Club near by and they are one of the locations that does RVs then their tire mounting/balancing/rotation package is pretty decent and their tire prices are good as well.

I believe Costco offers similar services at various locations as well.

Camping World...

Call up your local Discount Tire/America's Tire and see if they do RV tires or if they can recommend someone...

Commercial/Truck tire shop...
Old 02-18-2018, 03:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25snakeman02 View Post
I have a 2014 SS 2500TS, came with General Tire Grabbers. 225/75/R16. Have no idea where to go to get tire replacement, Chevy 4500 chasis.

Thanks,

25Snakeman02
If you don't have a really good independent tire dealer near where you live (one you can trust), there are two options I'd use myself.

One is Discount Tire and the other is Tire Rack. Tire rack is an online source that has a network of dealers they use for installation. Buy your tires and they will ship to the nearby dealer who'll finish the task.

BTW, I spent my career working in a tire company corporate office and both of these companies were major competitors. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from either and wouldn't go near any of the stores that flew the corporate flag where I used to work. That company has been sold twice since I left and it's not the same company. You can get pretty much any tire you want from either, their prices aren't bad, and you have someone to contact anywhere in the country if you have a problem.

Big Brand Company Stores have great tires but the prices they charge are often premium.

I read a saying on an old tire dealer (and friend) reader board that is so true. "It's not how much you pay, it's how often you have to pay it".

In you quest for new tires, don't chase "cheap" but look for best quality as installed on your vehicle. That last part is in the hands of the people who install the tire. I could write a very thick book on all the ways a tire installer can cause problems with otherwise excellent tires during the installation process. That's why I emphasize that people also take the Dealer into consideration rather than just price.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 04:31 PM   #4
D W

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25snakeman02 View Post

Thanks,

25Snakeman02
There are at least 5 different varieties of the General Grabber in 225/75/16. Don't know which one you need specifically, but Walmart carries HD, Arctic, HTS, and HTS60's.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 09:53 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Have you tried "The Google"?

If you do be sure to use the complete tire name. i.e. General Grabber AT2 or General Grabber X3.
Also include the actual size and Load range LT225/75R16 LR-E
.Write a blog on RV tire application RV Tire Safety. 48 years experience as tire design & forensic engineer. My RV Freelander 23QB on Chevy 4500 chassis. Giving seminars on RV Tire applications (not selling)@ FMCA Conventions. Mar 20-22 Tucson AZ
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 08:32 AM   #6

Hi,

With all the cross country travel we do, one consideration for me was how many of the company's outlets there are around the country.

None of these major companies will have a dealer in every town of course. But it's a decision factor for me, in the event a warranty repair/replacement is needed.

FWIW.

Rich Phillips
richp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 01:42 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richp View Post
Hi,

With all the cross country travel we do, one consideration for me was how many of the company's outlets there are around the country.

None of these major companies will have a dealer in every town of course. But it's a decision factor for me, in the event a warranty repair/replacement is needed.

FWIW.

Rich Phillips

Again if you Google "number of company stores (tire company name )" you should get a good read.

I see that Bridgestone/Firestone has a target of 3,000 locations
For General you need to enter "General Tire"

Doing this you may need to go the company "Store Locator" General has 94 in a 50 mile radius of Akron

Most of the large tire companies have Store locator on their web site.
.Write a blog on RV tire application RV Tire Safety. 48 years experience as tire design & forensic engineer. My RV Freelander 23QB on Chevy 4500 chassis. Giving seminars on RV Tire applications (not selling)@ FMCA Conventions. Mar 20-22 Tucson AZ
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replacement, tire