Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2016, 09:32 PM   #1

tire wear

I have 2015 Avenger 27 bbs, just got back from a 950 mile trip to W. Virginia. Was chking tires today and noticed both rear tires worn badly on the inside, one so bad the metal chords are showing. Tires were fine before we left I always chk tire pressures and torque on lugnuts. Both front tires on front axle appear to be wearing evenly, no issues there. Is it possible just my rear axle has lost its camber or never had it to begin with. Don't know what to do, don't want to pull camper to dealer in this condition for fear tires will fail, but I need them to see how bad it is. Any thoughts appreciated, thanks
m hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 03:59 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by m hill View Post
I have 2015 Avenger 27 bbs, just got back from a 950 mile trip to W. Virginia. Was chking tires today and noticed both rear tires worn badly on the inside, one so bad the metal chords are showing. Tires were fine before we left I always chk tire pressures and torque on lugnuts. Both front tires on front axle appear to be wearing evenly, no issues there. Is it possible just my rear axle has lost its camber or never had it to begin with. Don't know what to do, don't want to pull camper to dealer in this condition for fear tires will fail, but I need them to see how bad it is. Any thoughts appreciated, thanks
Tons of reading on here about similiar situations. Sounds like the axle could be bent, maybe installed wrong from the factory etc. Don't think they normally loose Camber, but anything is possible. A properly installed axle should have a slight convex bend in the center. Axle should appear to be bowed up in center. Do you recall hitting anything or running that axle up over a crub? These are all things the dealer will ask. Be prepared for dealer to claim you had the rear axle overloaded, there favorite phase. Could be other issues as well. Pictures often help people on here more than descriptions.
2021 Sabre 37FBT
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire