Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2016, 09:14 PM   #1

Tired of the leaky valve stems!

Finally had enough tonight while airing up the tires for a weekend trip. Valve stems have been leaking since I bought the trailer in April, and there's nothing quite as frustrating as trying to get the TPMS sensor reinstalled before all your air leaks out, only to find that afterwards you're 2 psi low and have to do it all over again (and again). Well, one of them got so bad tonight that the pressure was on a downward spiral. Just kept losing more and more every time I aired it up. Sounded like the air was rushing out with no resistance whatsoever.

So, I'm submitting this fix for anyone in the future who might have this same problem. Went to the auto parts store and bought a valve stem tool for $1.75 and a set of four new valve cores for about the same price. Got back home and found that the worst offender needed to be replaced, and the other three just needed tightening. Now everything is working perfectly for about $4 and 10 minutes of time. If only everything were that cheap and easy!

Happy camping!
Old 10-13-2016, 09:54 PM   #2

Good job.
Loose valves and all they needed is tightening and 1 replaced.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, tire, valve