Old 09-16-2013, 03:29 PM   #1

Tires for a 2007 Roo 23B?

Folks,

First, I have tried to search on this forum but did not get any results. I have also done a lot of internet seaches but get different answers. So I bring this to you.

I have a 07 Roo 23B and am needing to change tires. I mainly do local camping (not much over 100 miles from our home) and for the most part its pretty flat (Central Texas). I wanted to know what tires you all suggest that would not cost me a fortune.

Currently they have the Goodyear Marathons but I have read that these are not that great. Most have said stay away from the Carlisle also. I have looked at the Maxxis but the price is getting to far out of my range.

Its not the miles I will be putting on them but the duribility over time is the most important so any help you can give would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Old 09-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gupone View Post
Folks,

First, I have tried to search on this forum but did not get any results. I have also done a lot of internet seaches but get different answers. So I bring this to you.

I have a 07 Roo 23B and am needing to change tires. I mainly do local camping (not much over 100 miles from our home) and for the most part its pretty flat (Central Texas). I wanted to know what tires you all suggest that would not cost me a fortune.

Currently they have the Goodyear Marathons but I have read that these are not that great. Most have said stay away from the Carlisle also. I have looked at the Maxxis but the price is getting to far out of my range.

Its not the miles I will be putting on them but the duribility over time is the most important so any help you can give would be great.

Thanks in advance.
Marathons are a good choice, I do not know who told you that. Yes they are made in China, but all tires almost now are made there. Good year stands behind them. I now had them on 2 trailers without any problems. KNOCK ON WOOD. Maxxis is a great tirer too. Those would be my only choice in replacement even if I drove around the block only. I think that their might be story's on any manufacturer. It's up to you, I hope what ever you buy that you are safe in your travels.....

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:53 PM   #3

Thank you for your reply, On the Marathons, I just came across a lot of articles that did not give good ratings on them. Of course you have that with any brand but it was not just a few.

Thanks, again,
Old 09-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #4
Camper Less Camping

Of all the expenses associated with our RV lifestyle...tires are not one to go on the cheap with...they are the lifeline between a happy camper & disgruntled camper!
Old 09-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #5

I agree. What would you recommend for a brand.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:21 PM   #6

What about the Taskmasters. Anyone tried these?
Old 09-16-2013, 04:37 PM   #7
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gupone View Post
I agree. What would you recommend for a brand.
I'm saving now for Maxxis to swap out our OEM tires we have now...probably come spring time

Tags
roo, tire, tires