Old 01-14-2015, 10:24 AM   #11
I think it pertinent to point out that not all Good Year Marathons are being made in the US! Unless, perhaps, something changed in the last 3 months time, that's just bad internet information. Marathons were totally produced in China for a stretch of many years. Then, for a few reasons, some production was brought back to North America in both US and Canadian plants. Out back we have 3 test trailers with Marathons from China with 3rd quarter 2014 DOT codes and from the US 1st quarter 2013 and 2nd quarter 2014 production and all are the same size.

geotex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 02:19 PM   #12
I have reached this quite a bit and cannot find any RADIAL trailers made here in the USA. There maybe one exception which is the Goodyear Unisteel G614 which is a G rated tire. Although expensive I felt that the ability to retread the casing is a plus.

Don & Rebecca
living can be broken down into two elements
Define the essentials
Eliminate the rest
Zoo1392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 04:02 PM   #13
Site Team
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I'm only going by what I read on forums, but I thought the Goodyears were back to being Chinese made.
Yep. My new marathons were built in China in march of 2014/ per sidewall.
2013 Rockwood 8282WS
Reese Revolution Pin, Reese 16K
2008 Tundra Limited Double Cab 5.7L
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 07:55 PM   #14
Contrary to popular opinion it fitted my truck and trailer with Hercules tires. "e" rated on the truck and "d" rated on the trailer. I have about 20,000 miles on the truck ones and about 6,000 on the trailer.

I just finished 5200 mile trip. None of the tires ever exceeded 120 - I measured the trailer tires when I got back - they showed .003" of wear.

The trailer tires took very little weight to balance and were very straight and true on the balancer. Plus they are a bit cheaper.
cadman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:12 PM   #15
Few years back had serious issues with tires on a fifth wheel blowed several once I was in fl. on I-95, it was a nightmare destroyed my sewer system and the fender skirting along with the metal over the wheels. They were d'' rated went to E'' rated tires, which are inflated to 80psi they ran much cooler and I never had another issue.
Check the date on all tires if they are over 6 months old I would look around.
campr-pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:17 PM   #16
Wmtire is correct. Having been responsible for purchasing tires over 10 years for industrial truck apps, most US companies have supply from China, Taiwan, Sri Lanka to name a few. Some brands, sizes and apps are still produced here by many of them. RV tire supply would follow a similar path.

martinto is offline   Reply With Quote

tire, tires