Old 07-17-2012, 04:56 PM   #11
One point not mention so far is, have you weighed the trl yet? You wouldn't believe how easy it is to overload the trl and tire wear as show is one result.

2012 Winnebago "Journey To Insanity" 40U
2008 Dakota Sport 4x4
2004 Subaru Baja - DW's
2006 Honda Shadow Aero - TOAD for now.
F.R.O.G. member
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:11 PM   #12
I am having the same problems with my 2011 Grey Wolf. It is at the dealer now, they are working with Lippert to replace the axles, and they will cover the tires. I am in a waiting game with them.

2004 Chevy Avalanche Z66 W/Transmission Cooler
2011 Grey Wolf 28BH
Blue Ox Sway Pro WDH
2 Beagles (Snoopy & Dexter)

Big Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:28 PM   #13
I had something similar happen on a single axle trailer 2 years ago. We had made a 6000 mile trip from Toronto to Brownsville, Tx with no noticeable tire wear. The next year I added a WD hitch and had to replace the tires when I got home. Before installing new tires I had the axle alignment checked and all seemed good. The old tires wear load range C so I upgraded to Load Range D tires and had 12000 miles on them when I sold the trailer. I thought maybe I was transferring enough extra weight to the trailer axle with the WD hitch to overload the C tires.
Bill & Joyce
2012 Hemi Ram 1500 Quad cab 4x4
2011 Wildwood 22RBXL-Backpack Ed.
BJAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:03 PM   #14
if it has the lippert axles in it, it's probably bent incorrectly. Had mine replaced for wearing like yours just over a year ago. FR stepped up and paid for the new tires as lippert wouldn't cover them. I did catch mine quite quickly (within 6 months) of purchasing the trailer.
'07 Toyota Tundra 5.7L DC 4x2
'16 Surveyor 226RBDS
Nights camped 2016 - 3
Nights camped in 2015 - 20
Ditchooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #15
Well know that it has been a while but the dealer finally got to my trailer. They were going to charge me for an axle inspection that I declined hoping that someone who say something. Well the tech was looking it over and told them that if he just put new tires on it that they would just wear out again. lippert is sending new axles and tires. I am adding the metal valve stems and having them balanced. Axles should be here sometime this week. Thank goodness for good service techs.

Paul & Karen and the 2 Little ones in tow.
2007 Nissan Armada LE
2012 Wildwood 26BH XLite
20 Nights campled in 2011.
25 Nights Planned for 2012!
pandkm is offline   Reply With Quote