Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2018, 03:36 PM   #21

Titan disc brakes

Just my 2 cents worth but I had Performance trailer install my system on the 2015 CC 36ckts and what a huge difference in stopping it made.
I met up with Dennis Hageman in Albuquerque (we were camped next to each other). He started the job at 8am and we tested drove at 2pm. While he was installing system he found worn bolts and bushings on suspension and had all parts to repair in his work trailer he pulls behind the MH.
Dennis is very professional and full time RV family.
I highly recommend Titan components and the Performance trailer team, especially Dennis. Mike
Dodge man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 05:56 PM   #22
Bene Gesserit Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
I have Titan disc brakes and only you can decide if it's 'worth' the cost.......but it surely was for me.
I gather that these disc brakes are electric, yes?
Do the magnets clamp directly to the disc or are they normal pads in an electric solenoid operated calliper?
Murbella7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 06:09 PM   #23

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Murbella
They are Hydraulic.

In my case I would not have them. My trailer sits all winter and discs rust sitting out in the open in our northern climate.
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 06:14 PM   #24

They are electric over hydraulic. A electric impulse is sent back to a pump mounted in the RV which provides pressure to the brake calipers.
mcnabbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 06:33 PM   #25

I put Kodiak brakes and a Hydrastar actuator on my Silverback myself for @ $1550.00. I'm kinda picky and don't care for the one size fits all installation kit that many mobile installers put on ... ending up looping the extra line and securing the loops with zip ties. But no matter how you got them put on, disk brakes are worth every penny and stop you much quicker that the ole electric drum brakes ever would. B and B's concern about rusted rotors sitting all winter is unfounded ... they don't rust any more than your trucks would sitting. Even so ... a couple of miles down the road and all that surface rust is history during your first Spring pull. We were in a big traffic slow down in Amarillo, TX a few weeks back that caught many of us off guard ... if I hadn't had the disk brakes ... I'd have smacked the guy in front of us for sure.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 09:35 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
Murbella
They are Hydraulic.

In my case I would not have them. My trailer sits all winter and discs rust sitting out in the open in our northern climate.
They will not rust any more/less than drums. And when in use, discs self-clean way better than drums.

I'll take disc brakes over drum brakes...no question.
LegacyFB38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 10:19 PM   #27
Bene Gesserit Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
I put Kodiak brakes and a Hydrastar actuator on my Silverback myself for @ $1550.00. I'm kinda picky and don't care for the one size fits all installation kit that many mobile installers put on ... ending up looping the extra line and securing the loops with zip ties. But no matter how you got them put on, disk brakes are worth every penny and stop you much quicker that the ole electric drum brakes ever would. B and B's concern about rusted rotors sitting all winter is unfounded ... they don't rust any more than your trucks would sitting. Even so ... a couple of miles down the road and all that surface rust is history during your first Spring pull. We were in a big traffic slow down in Amarillo, TX a few weeks back that caught many of us off guard ... if I hadn't had the disk brakes ... I'd have smacked the guy in front of us for sure.
I know my drums rust too.
Murbella7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, cardinal, wheel