Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2012, 09:40 AM   #11
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Check your local farm supply for a new one. Rv stores think there GOLD!
I bought one a few years ago @ farm and fleet (bull dog) brand for $29.00
Worked great.
haha cool.. yeah I have a Blain's Farm & Fleet near me and also seen them at Harbor Freight for cheap. If the dealer says I'm on my own for this how do I know what weight I need, does that go by the hitch weight? So, Dry the hitch is 815lbs.. So I'm guessing a 2000lb capacity one would be good?
__________________

__________________

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer
2013 Salem 26TBUD
nullvalue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:56 AM   #12
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullvalue

haha cool.. yeah I have a Blain's Farm & Fleet near me and also seen them at Harbor Freight for cheap. If the dealer says I'm on my own for this how do I know what weight I need, does that go by the hitch weight? So, Dry the hitch is 815lbs.. So I'm guessing a 2000lb capacity one would be good?
Plenty fine!
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:21 AM   #13
PINTO
 
Kpinto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Addis Louisiana
Posts: 78
Three bolts, easy to replace and I reccomend a local trailer depot or a tractor supply. For about $250.00 you could upgrade to an electric jack!
__________________
PINTO
2011 Flagstaff 8528 TBWS
2008 Duramax Diesel
Chevy 3500 LTZ Dually
Kpinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:30 AM   #14
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpinto View Post
Three bolts, easy to replace and I reccomend a local trailer depot or a tractor supply. For about $250.00 you could upgrade to an electric jack!
Haha if only the little remote control which does the power slide, power awning and power stabilizer jacks could do that too.. god we've become so lazy.
__________________

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer
2013 Salem 26TBUD
nullvalue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:09 PM   #15
Site Team
 
acadianbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Posts: 2,915
I would go with a 5,000 pound tongue jack. More leverage, better gears, easier to turn, etc. . . .
__________________
http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp297/acadianbob/IMG_2757.jpg
2012 F150 FX4 Ecoboost, 2016 Surveyor 274BHS
2003 Yamaha FJR1300, Demco Premiere Slider
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:58 PM   #16
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 37
Well talked to the dealer and they agreed to send me a new one, will be here in a couple days. Shouldn't be too difficult to swap it out..
__________________

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer
2013 Salem 26TBUD
nullvalue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:08 PM   #17
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 37
Got the new jack & just installed it in under 15 mins, was a piece of cake. My first DIY TT repair... hopefully I won't have too many more.
__________________

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer
2013 Salem 26TBUD
nullvalue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Malco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Central Nova Scotia
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullvalue View Post
Thanks I'll see what the dealer service guys say.. BTW I'm thinking the reason the jack couldn't extend high enough is because while my trailer was sitting on my level driveway, my truck was on a slant in the front part of my driveway. There's maybe a 6" grade drop there, making the rear end sit higher... who knows
You are probably right about the cause,I have had the same thing happen to me before,so now I always put a block of 6x6 under the jack to give it more lift.No more issues.
__________________
2011 Salem 30kqbss
2013 Ram 2500
2005 Ram 2500
1968 Pontiac Le Mans
Malco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:59 PM   #19
Site Team
 
Terier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullvalue View Post
Got the new jack & just installed it in under 15 mins, was a piece of cake. My first DIY TT repair... hopefully I won't have too many more.
Good job on your first DIY TT repair. When you think of the learning curve in RVing I bet you didn't have this in mind.
__________________
Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:09 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullvalue View Post
Thanks I'll see what the dealer service guys say.. BTW I'm thinking the reason the jack couldn't extend high enough is because while my trailer was sitting on my level driveway, my truck was on a slant in the front part of my driveway. There's maybe a 6" grade drop there, making the rear end sit higher... who knows
Was it just a case of the ball stuck in the coupler that was causing it to not come free?
__________________

__________________

2011 F150 SuperCrew 5.0 4x4
2012 Flagstaff 27BESS
pappcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 PM.