Old 12-09-2012, 10:44 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigels View Post
To the OP, buy the correct size socket and 6 inch extension to suit the drive of your torque wrench otherwise you will not get your nuts off
Do not use the torque wrench to remove nuts. They are only meant for tightening.
Use a breaker bar for removal.
One thing I have not seen mentioned in the max rating of the torque wrench. I use a 250 ft-lb one, so I know it will never be overloaded with the possible result of lost accuracy.
And it is not a cheap one. You get what you pay for.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:57 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakken View Post
Do not use the torque wrench to remove nuts. They are only meant for tightening.
One thing I have not seen mentioned in the max rating of the torque wrench. I use a 250 ft-lb one, so I know it will never be overloaded with the possible result of lost accuracy.
Quite correct....should have read "Nuts on"

OP buy a breaker bar also that fits the same drive as your Torque wrench, socket and extension.

2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8280ws
2011 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 Diesel
http://www.algarvevillaforrent.com
Nigels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #33
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakken View Post
They can be used for removing bolts/nuts, but I always set it to the max of 250 when removing bolts or nuts. According to Williams specs: Calibrated dual direction Positive Lock with spring loaded pull down lock ring. Fast, accurate and easy to set. Easy-to-read Laser marked scales. Quick Release buttons which provide good socket retention as well as easy socket removal. Accuracy: ± 4% clockwise ± 6% CCW of indicated value, CW, from 20% to 100% of full scale. Meets or exceeds ASME B107.14M-1994, ISO 6789 Standards.