Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2014, 02:39 PM   #41

My wife and I purchased a 2011 Windjammer 3008W last year and have AL-KO axles installed on it. It too doesn't have a lot of clearance between the top of the tires and the bottom of the wheel well.

I've not had any issues of rubbing on the wheel well, but getting around to replacing the OEM tires (Trail Express Power Touring) which are now over 3 years old and afraid what little clearance I have now will get even tighter.

Having just done the bearing and brakes, without any load on the axles, they are slight down from parallel with the ground.

Is the problem lately with the windjammer 3008w just with the Dexter axles?

Still loving the 3008W.

Thanks !
cobiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:49 PM   #42
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobiker View Post
My wife and I purchased a 2011 Windjammer 3008W last year and have AL-KO axles installed on it. It too doesn't have a lot of clearance between the top of the tires and the bottom of the wheel well.

I've not had any issues of rubbing on the wheel well, but getting around to replacing the OEM tires (Trail Express Power Touring) which are now over 3 years old and afraid what little clearance I have now will get even tighter.

Having just done the bearing and brakes, without any load on the axles, they are slight down from parallel with the ground.

Is the problem lately with the windjammer 3008w just with the Dexter axles?

Still loving the 3008W.

Thanks !
So what failed?
Old 05-12-2014, 03:33 PM   #43

Nothing has failed yet. My question was more to the point if this issue of torsion axles failures was with Dextor Axles only or also included AL-KO?

The current position of the trailing arms on my 3008W unloaded are more at the angle in the picture below of "rated load" which shows an axle with a starting angle of +25 degrees.

cobiker is offline   Reply With Quote