Old 07-11-2013, 10:58 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
Item 3 in the attached list from alko sort of implies that there is some adjustable aspects to the torsion axle

Attachment 35077

. But this is way over my head. I just tow em. :-)
They make axles with a variety of angles on the torsion arms. That determines the height that the trailer frame would ride above the axle spindle. So you could get a different axle that would raise or lower the whole camper. That would actually be useful for the newer trucks with the very high box sides, as you could get an axle that would raise the camper without having to modify the camper frame.
But unfortunately, there is no means to adjust them after installation, other than shimming.

Old 07-11-2013, 05:29 PM   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakken View Post
They make axles with a variety of angles on the torsion arms. That determines the height that the trailer frame would ride above the axle spindle.
Agree. Here is a list of the different angles that you can get with the Alko axles (bottom of 1st page): http://al-kousa.com/download/3500lbs...eeringaxle.pdf

If you someone wanted to raise their camper, then they could just order an axle with more of a down angle. That could cause the tire to not be centered exactly in the wheel well, but can't think that would be a problem with just going 1 angle difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakken View Post
But unfortunately, there is no means to adjust them after installation, other than shimming.
I haven't heard of any way to adjust the axles other than shimming.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:06 PM   #33

Looked at mine again tonight. Beginning to think like dccheatwood said that it may have something to do with weight distribution and frame height. My axles have three stationary holes and one slotted. Seems if you moved the stationary one up or down it would raise or lower the whole frame. The slotted hole would just follow.
Pulls perfect now, not messing with it. Probably call the manufacture someday just to find out.
Bob