Old 03-26-2013, 08:31 PM   #11

just bought 507 with 4 sensors for $220 delivered.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:31 PM   #12
Owner/Operator

I purchased the TST 507 System for 4 tires (the 5th wheel tires) a while back.

Love the System, and decided to add six sensors for the Dually TV. $100 for a pair ($300 for six) sensors was the best price I could find.

OR, $299 for a complete 507 System with six sensors. Ordered the six sensor System, and I'll have a spare display.

RodeoGeorge

All My Modifications are at this link:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ons-36212.html
RodeoGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #13

Just fired up the 507 system...

Yep, order the system Tuesday, and it was dropped off this morning! Boy is that system is neat. It took only a few minutes to program them! I put them on my truck for a test, as the TT is at the shop getting inspected/serviced. Inside of 30 seconds, all are reading temps and pressure. And alarming. Dang, I forgot the truck is at 50PSI and the camper is 65PSI. That's ok, they'll come off until I get ready to camp.

I was also surprised how far the receiver picks up the signal. My truck sits out front of my shop. I walked thru my shop full of cast iron equipment (about 25'), and out the back another 40-50 feet and still had good reception. That's with the little OEM antenna!

The only disappointment was the tool to install the sensors. In the picture it has a "nice" plastic handle. Mine are stamped stainless steel and awkward to use. Well, I heard how good their customer service is so I decided to try to order one of the nicer tools. In a few minutes, the tech that answered took my name and address and is sending me 2 of them FREE!! WOW. I know it's a cheap part, but I was expecting to spend a few bucks on each of them.

Highly recommended just for customer service.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:45 PM   #14
Owner/Operator

I have sensors for my truck inbound.

Had new Marathons put on the 5th Wheel yesterday, and in stalled the TST Sensors. I'm a bit disappointed in the variance in the pressure reading of the sensors. All the tires were inflated with the computerized machine to 55 PSI. The Sensors read 52 to 54 PSI on three of them, and 50 PSI on the fourth. Changed the Sensors around to different tires, and then read the same, with the on being only 50 PSI.

I'll contact TST about getting that sensor replaced.

Even with the variance in readings, the peace of mind knowing when a tire is loosing pressure or failing will be great.

RodeoGeorge
Old 03-29-2013, 04:08 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPAspey View Post
Yep, order the system Tuesday, and it was dropped off this morning! Boy is that system is neat. It took only a few minutes to program them! I put them on my truck for a test, as the TT is at the shop getting inspected/serviced. Inside of 30 seconds, all are reading temps and pressure. And alarming. Dang, I forgot the truck is at 50PSI and the camper is 65PSI. That's ok, they'll come off until I get ready to camp.

I was also surprised how far the receiver picks up the signal. My truck sits out front of my shop. I walked thru my shop full of cast iron equipment (about 25'), and out the back another 40-50 feet and still had good reception. That's with the little OEM antenna!

The only disappointment was the tool to install the sensors. In the picture it has a "nice" plastic handle. Mine are stamped stainless steel and awkward to use. Well, I heard how good their customer service is so I decided to try to order one of the nicer tools. In a few minutes, the tech that answered took my name and address and is sending me 2 of them FREE!! WOW. I know it's a cheap part, but I was expecting to spend a few bucks on each of them.

Highly recommended just for customer service.
My small antenna used to pick up well to start with, then as the batteries aged a little, I started losing signal especially when it rained. Of course, my 5er is 42 feet long. But any how, when I called TST to get some new seals as I was changing the batteries, I mentioned to them the trouble of periodically losing signal. They sent me this antenna and it made a TON of difference. Above and attached to mirror:

2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:12 PM   #16

tire pressure diff....

I read in the instructions for the 507 system, that there could be 2psi difference. Mine all read within +/-1 psi which is close enough with my expensive digital tire pressure gauge which by the way was calibration checked and it's +/- .2 psi.

I understand that it would be extremely expensive to make a highly accurate transmitter with very tight tolerances. Although I would prefer such a device, I'm not willing to pay for it.

Although I shouldn't, I might just make a rig up to test the accuracy of my TPMS sensors. If I find one that is off, say on pressure drop, I'll go nuts until its corrected. I'll have to fight that urge..........my OCD is gonna kill me yet
Old 03-29-2013, 05:22 PM   #17
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodeoGeorge View Post
I have sensors for my truck inbound.

Had new Marathons put on the 5th Wheel yesterday, and in stalled the TST Sensors. I'm a bit disappointed in the variance in the pressure reading of the sensors. All the tires were inflated with the computerized machine to 55 PSI. The Sensors read 52 to 54 PSI on three of them, and 50 PSI on the fourth. Changed the Sensors around to different tires, and then read the same, with the on being only 50 PSI.

I'll contact TST about getting that sensor replaced.

Even with the variance in readings, the peace of mind knowing when a tire is loosing pressure or failing will be great.

RodeoGeorge
I would try inflating the low tire first before questioning TST. Could be the tire guy just didn't get it right. It is a real chore getting all the tires to the exact same pressure regardless of the gauge used to check them.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:35 PM   #18
Owner/Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
I would try inflating the low tire first before questioning TST. Could be the tire guy just didn't get it right. It is a real chore getting all the tires to the exact same pressure regardless of the gauge used to check them.

Instead of messing with the tire inflation, which I'm relatively satisfied is correct, I transferred the Sensor that was reading 50PSI on Tire #1 to another tire (Tire #2) which was reading 54 PSI. The low Sensor read 50 PSI on Tire #2. The Sensor which was on Tire #2 reads 55 PSI on Tire #1.

If you're not properly confused, the exchange verified that the Sensor is reading 4 - 5 PSI low.

RodeoGeorge