Old 03-30-2016, 08:52 PM   #11

If it was me I won't buy one right now since they are coming out with a color version that corrects some short comings of the current system.

Sold 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL
Sold - 2015 Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel -
2015 Ford F350 SRW Cargo Capacity 3744
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 02:15 AM   #12

Question TPMS - Color Version ETA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
If it was me I won't buy one right now since they are coming out with a color version that corrects some short comings of the current system.
Hi CWSWine,

Would you have any additional information regarding the color version?
I too am in the market for a TPMS and a color display would be desirable.

Thanks,

Crabby Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 09:06 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabby Camper View Post
Hi CWSWine,

Would you have any additional information regarding the color version?
I too am in the market for a TPMS and a color display would be desirable.

Thanks,
No I don't. All I know it going to address a couple of short comings of the current one.
Sold 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL
Sold - 2015 Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel -
2015 Ford F350 SRW Cargo Capacity 3744
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 09:35 AM   #14

Just my thoughts (to me only).... if I can not afford 100.00, I can not afford to go camping..... One exploding tire will cost me days on the side of the road getting tire and axle repair and then when I am back from the 'trip' hundreds more in body damage repair.... Been there and done that and NEVER want to be in that position again.....

Before my next trip (because we will not stop camping all over the country), I bought and installed the TST 507 on ALL of my tires. Four on the tow vehicle (because of past belts separations) and four on the camping unit (because of axle and tire problems).

My SpringBreak trip of 2500 miles was very worry free when traveling because the TST 507 was looking after my tires. We started the trip out in the evening hours. All tires were at MAX cold PSI.... The next day, during the heat to the day.... my TST 507 alarm went off because of what I set it at..... TWO trailer tires were getting a higher PSI than I wanted. We pulled over and let some air out of ALL Eight tires.... After parking for the evening, the next morning the Cold PSI was still very very close to the recommended Cold PSI.

Thank-you TST 507 for a great and worry free trip.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 09:38 AM   #15

That was my thoughts, you usually get what you pay for
Amateur Radio W5CI 2016 Days Camping 50
2017 Days Camping 77
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 02:43 PM   #16

Anybody run this one?

Since everyone recommends replacing rubber stems, might as well do this since you got to break down the tire anyway...
4 monitor kit is $279.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MarkyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 03:11 PM   #17

So, about 10 responses to the OP are for either systems in excess of the $100 bucks he respectfully asked a reply for, or a poster thought a foot pain relief product (seriously), would be an acceptable response to a TPMS tread. Come on guys, can't we stay on topic and respect the OP's request and help him out. He told you funds were scarce due to unforeseen circumstances.
Old 04-13-2016, 03:31 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Kickin View Post
So, about 10 responses to the OP are for either systems in excess of the $100 bucks he respectfully asked a reply for, or a poster thought a foot pain relief product (seriously), would be an acceptable response to a TPMS tread. Come on guys, can't we stay on topic and respect the OP's request and help him out. He told you funds were scarce due to unforeseen circumstances.
You are very right when the OP asked about a product for under 100.00.

I have a tool box in my shop full of screw drivers and none of them are worth a hoot.

If the OP wants to spend his money on what he first posted, that is very well up to him.

I went with a product (TST 507) that has been used for Lord knows how many hundreds of millions of miles and is a leader in the field. There are some things that money can not buy (back) when it is gone. Safety, first and always. If he trusts the 99.00 dollar product, then that is fine. I don't....

He was given good advice for what is proven in reliability and in cost.

Blessing to you.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 03:59 PM   #19
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingdreamer View Post
I'm sure this topic has been discussed many times, and I have researched this forum as well as online.
I am looking for a TPMS system for my trailer (4 wheel) and am fine with a "plug in to cig lighter/power port on dash" style. I have found some on Ebay and Amazon but have no idea if the receiver signal from the trailer will reach my truck (maybe they are car use only but dont state it in the ad??).
I'm sure that there are lots of great $200.00 and up models out there that will do the trick, but I'm on a really tight budget. Even spending $100.00 on a kit that doesnt have a signal good enough to reach the truck is a waste of money....

Robot Check

Robot Check

Bottom line is.... Has anyone purchased a 4 wheel kit for their trailer, (maybe around $100.00 range) THAT WORKS..... that actually transmits from your trailer to your TV?
Wife wont be happy with me spending the extra $$ but this is a HUGE safety issue...
Please dont flog me with "just spend the bucks" I dont have it to spend... (Kids and the "Bank of Dad", and some recent unplanned expenses have beaten up the bank account
If someone has a great used system that they want to part with for a fair price, I'd be interested as well...
Thanks for your suggestions...
Not sure if I would be comfortable with a $100 system when there is no direct contact available with the seller for information or help. Couldn't even fine detailed warranty info.

Years ago I bought a low cost TPMS on-line and tested it on my car. Took it off a week later as it would not reliably report tire inflation. Since I got mine on eBay (and it came from Hong Kong) there was no reasonable way to get any service or support.

TST gets a lot of mention but there are other companies out there. Some with similar systems, some with better (lifetime) warranty.
Not sure what the value is of a color display. As long as I get a audible and visual warning when the tire starts to loose pressure (not just after it is dangerously low) I am happy. I don't need cords across the dash as my unit is battery operated (weeks on a charge).

I understand that money can be an issue but sometimes, like any insurance, you have to look at the potential costs of not having the insurance coverage.

It would be easy to blow a couple hundred if you get a failure on the road.
I write a blog on RV tire application and safety and give seminars on tires at RV events across the US. 40 years experience as tire design & quality engineer for major tire mfg. Freelander 23QB on Chevy chassis is my RV
RV Tire Safety Blog
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 04:18 PM   #20

Quote:
Bottom line is.... Has anyone purchased a 4 wheel kit for their trailer, (maybe around $100.00 range) THAT WORKS..... that actually transmits from your trailer to your TV?
Wife wont be happy with me spending the extra $$ but this is a HUGE safety issue...
Wingdreamer...

It appears that both of the referenced TPMS on Amazon have gotten great ratings. Just because nobody on this forum have used them I would think that the great reviews on Amazon ( 83 total reviews) would convince you to get them. Just make sure you realize that metal stems would turn the only negative review on the first item to positive. If they don't transmit adequately to your TV, then you can just send them back saying they don't work for you as Amazon has an awesome return policy. I would think they would work as they all use bluetooth for data link and that is good for about 30 feet.

THEN, you can post a product review for the rest of us to review.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4
rsdata is online now   Reply With Quote