Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2017, 07:10 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
I would wonder how a $70 system could be anywhere near as good as the "real" systems sold by a number of different reputable companies that run $260 -$325 for 4 tires.
Low cost systems may only be good for low pressure passenger tires and may have no way to add extra sensors.
Wondering doesn't help. It'd be nice if someone were to conduct testing on the various systems for accuracy and reliability and publish their results.

The EEZTire system I purchased, while useful, is a PITA to set up and configure. It's also overkill for the two or three tires I want to watch, and the reliability of its 12 V power jack is questionable. $47 landed cost to add a sensor is ludicrous.
johnbryanpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 07:10 PM   #82
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbryanpeters View Post
The trouble with Honda's system is that it fails to tell you which tire is low, and how low. This has driven me nuts over some years...
A few different cars have ABS related TPMS but if you have two tires on the same axle both low on air you will not get a warning. You also need an ABS system to start with.
.Write a blog on RV tire application RV Tire Safety. 48 years experience as tire design & forensic engineer. My RV Freelander 23QB on Chevy 4500 chassis. Giving seminars on RV Tire applications (not selling)@ FMCA Conventions. Mar 20-22 Tucson AZ
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 01:47 AM   #83
Truck System Technologies Rep

TST TPMS

moshe1436,
If you have any questions about TST I am always available 210-420-0132
Thanks,
Mike Benson
TST TPMS
mbenson1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 01:56 AM   #84
Truck System Technologies Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbryanpeters View Post
Mike, exactly what does the repeater do to optimize the system?
Sorry for the delay in responding.
The repeater is a signal booster/echo device. It pushes up the transmission from the sensors and broadcasts that information at an amplified level. It helps the system overcome an abundance of RF signals from many types of devices that can lead to signal drop out. It optimizes your system.

Feel free to contact me to discuss in more detail at 210-420-0132

Thanks,
Mike Benson
TST TPMS
mbenson1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:10 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbenson1234 View Post
moshe1436,
If you have any questions about TST I am always available 210-420-0132
Thanks,
Mike Benson