Old 05-10-2013, 08:32 AM   #21
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by doverfel View Post
Evening everybody! Well, after my tire-excitement of yesterday we've decided a TPMS is warranted. I've read thru past threads and it seems like folks were pretty happy with the TST product. Is that still the case?

I'm seeing a 4 sensor system there for $259 which seems awfully good. I was looking on the TST site and was hoping for User and Installation manuals. Unfortunately, nothing was available to help me review.

Any input or thoughts would be appreciated! I'm thinking I'd only need 4 sensors for my TT....also, if anyone can share manual that'd be nice to see how this installs and works...
Very happy with ours, works accurately & wouldn't tow a camper without this product!

Old 05-10-2013, 08:43 AM   #22

Quote:
Evening everybody! Well, after my tire-excitement of yesterday we've decided a TPMS is warranted. I've read thru past threads and it seems like folks were pretty happy with the TST product. Is that still the case?

I'm seeing a 4 sensor system there for $259 which seems awfully good. I was looking on the TST site and was hoping for User and Installation manuals. Unfortunately, nothing was available to help me review.

Any input or thoughts would be appreciated! I'm thinking I'd only need 4 sensors for my TT....also, if anyone can share manual that'd be nice to see how this installs and works...

I purchased the TST with 4 sensors with replaceable batteries. $200.15, free shipping. Best price I found. You can choose your preferred system and type of sensors. I have attached the link to the website. I like it. I am seeing some interesting data though and will discuss the subject in another thread.

Motor home TPMS SYSTEMS PRESSURE TRACK TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM,TPMS, RV TIRE MONITOR, RV TPMS SYSTEM

Pirogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:13 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh R View Post
Hi, new here, as in yesterday. I have a 2013 Coachman Mirada 29SE. it has six tires, any thoughts on the TST 507 versus the 510? Same price.
You probably need to call TST and ask them about that. I can tell you that the 507 system is newer (and sensors are not compatible between the two). The 507 sensors have replaceable batteries expected to last about a year of continuous use. The 510 batteries are not replaceable (you have to return the sensors to them) but are expected to last for 5 years.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:17 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR28footer View Post
TST 507 here. We have 4 sensors. Nice to see temps.and pressures.

Highly recommend it.
X2 love mine great piece of mind
Old 05-10-2013, 09:31 AM   #25
Wanna Be Camper

TST 507 as well. And yes they are sensitive, when driving as the sun changes which side of the trailer it is on the tires on the sun side will show a temp and pressure increase. Only issue I have had is once in awhile one sensor will take a bit of a nap and cause an alarm for a few minutes (gotta look into that).

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2016: 3 2017: 0
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:08 PM   #26

Quote:
Thanks for the advice and thoughts! Big thanks for uploading the .pdf, Barry. Unfortunately, I don't seem to have the "rights" in my profile to access documents in the library. Not sure how to get that changed...is it because I'm still new?
Apologies for posting too early. I wasn't aware that uploaded files are not immediately available. It is available now. (I hope that was the only reason you couldn't see it.)
Old 05-10-2013, 12:33 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Cheap insurance & peace of mind.
It offers no insurance of any kind. And it would not have been in any way useful in the situation the original poster had, other than to let him know it had happened.

These can be very valuable, if the user actually understands the information they provide, and what they do not do: notably, they do not let you know of a catastrophic tire failure being imminent. They are great for inflation issues, which for trailer tires, isn't the biggest problem.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:47 PM   #28
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by treaves View Post
It offers no insurance of any kind. And it would not have been in any way useful in the situation the original poster had, other than to let him know it had happened.

These can be very valuable, if the user actually understands the information they provide, and what they do not do: notably, they do not let you know of a catastrophic tire failure being imminent. They are great for inflation issues, which for trailer tires, isn't the biggest problem.
A leaking tire can lead to a catastrophic failure. Agree they are useless if it is a blowout caused by a road hazard. Proper inflation, IMO is a big problem on trailers. Don't know what you are wanting.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:48 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by treaves View Post

We don't have enough facts to know about the OP's case, but in general, I disagree with you.

It may well have been that the pressure in this tire was low (slow to medium leak), which caused it to heat and blow out. A TPMS would have told him about that.

It may well have been that some large amount of the damage to the RV was caused by continuing to drive with that blown tire for a few seconds longer than he would have had a TPMS told him that it had lost pressure suddenly.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:56 PM   #30
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
We don't have enough facts to know about the OP's case, but in general, I disagree with you...
The OP's 1st post doesn't state any facts about damage.

What is your disagreement and with what?