Old 05-09-2013, 08:35 PM   #1

TPMS System of Choice

Evening everybody! Well, after my tire-excitement of yesterday we've decided a TPMS is warranted. I've read thru past threads and it seems like folks were pretty happy with the TST product. Is that still the case?

I'm seeing a 4 sensor system there for $259 which seems awfully good. I was looking on the TST site and was hoping for User and Installation manuals. Unfortunately, nothing was available to help me review.

Any input or thoughts would be appreciated! I'm thinking I'd only need 4 sensors for my TT....also, if anyone can share manual that'd be nice to see how this installs and works...
Attached Images

Old 05-09-2013, 08:38 PM   #2
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by doverfel View Post
Evening everybody! Well, after my tire-excitement of yesterday we've decided a TPMS is warranted. I've read thru past threads and it seems like folks were pretty happy with the TST product. Is that still the case?

I'm seeing a 4 sensor system there for $259 which seems awfully good. I was looking on the TST site and was hoping for User and Installation manuals. Unfortunately, nothing was available to help me review.

Any input or thoughts would be appreciated! I'm thinking I'd only need 4 sensors for my TT....also, if anyone can share manual that'd be nice to see how this installs and works...
From my personal experience, they are tops. Manual comes with the unit and I would imagine they would even talk you thru it.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:41 PM   #3
Fulltime family RVer

It'll be a TST system for me when I get one.

I'd likely get enough to monitor all of my tires (10) if I'm going to break down and get one. But, 4 for the TT is a good start.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:19 PM   #4
DDC

I'm still trying to justify this as they seem to be akin to an oil light on the dash (sometimes called an idiot light) I have yet to see a post that said 'saved by my TPS' I think I remember reading one not too long ago about another driver stopping a guy and his TPS went off five mins after he stopped.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:22 PM   #5
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
It'll be a TST system for me when I get one.

I'd likely get enough to monitor all of my tires (10) if I'm going to break down and get one. But, 4 for the TT is a good start.
You can always add to the system, it will handle 22 tires.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:23 PM   #6
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC View Post
I'm still trying to justify this as they seem to be akin to an oil light on the dash (sometimes called an idiot light) I have yet to see a post that said 'saved by my TPS' I think I remember reading one not too long ago about another driver stopping a guy and his TPS went off five mins after he stopped.
Cheap insurance & peace of mind.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:26 PM   #7

TST 507 here. We have 4 sensors. Nice to see temps.and pressures.

Highly recommend it.
FR28footer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:34 PM   #8

I have a less expensive orange system. It only reads 4 tires but that's ok because I only have one axle. Reason why I went with ANY system is so I could watch pressures and temps of the tires to see if there were any issues. With one axle, I don't have the luxury of an additional wheel if one lets go. Maybe an early warning to get off highway before something happens.

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:35 PM   #9

I have the Pressure Pro system (Tire Pressure Monitor - TPMS Safety product for RVs, towed vehicles, trucks, cars and trailers.) and I love it. It gives me the ability to connect it to a computer and download the history into an Excel spreadsheet. Lets me see how the pressure fluctuate on each tire.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:22 PM   #10

I also have a 10-tire Pressure Pro system. Five on TT, five on TT. Four seasons old. Very happy with it, though I wish that it had changeable batteries....

2014 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4 Quad Cab w/Cummins Turbo Diesel, 2009 Rockwood 2607, and 3 'yaks!
300W of Suntech Solar, a Rogue MPT-3024 Controller, and a Xantrex PW2000 Inverter
Fire Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote