Old 07-02-2012, 08:00 PM   #11
This is the best, when I talked to a guy at forest river he told me those tires are only good for short trips. Then why the h#ll do they put them on their campers? I can't believe that he said that. Forest river needs to put better tires on their products.

mstell2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:43 PM   #12
Originally Posted by mstell2
Was about to leave on a trip when I noticed a low tire, checked it out and another hole in sidewall of tire. These trail express are trash, been putting off getting 4 new ones because they are. It even two years old. But now I'm going put 4 new ones and contact forest river about these trashy tires they put on third campers. Going to see if they will do anything, might have a lawyer send them a letter, I heard it is hard to get in touch with the tire manufacturer.
Yep. I scraped ours worn out at 2000 miles.
Replaced with Kumho 857s. 225 70 R 15s. And they have lots less

2009 Heartland Sundance 31.5 XLT bunkhouse
2013 Ford F150 XTR ECOBOOST

"Of the troops - For the troops "
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:44 PM   #13
I bought my trailer and brought it home about 100 miles. I took the TT to the tire dealer and had them balanced. He said you not leaving with these tires they are bad. The bead broke on all 4 of them. I also had a bad rim on one side. I contacted FR and after 2 month of I will get to it the finely reimbursed me for the tires and one rim.
DougP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:17 PM   #14

I hope I don t have the luck you folks have had.....good habits for tires are listed in the FR OM.....5 pages worth.....I put aerospace 303 on both sides of the tires.....I multiply the weight rating by .8 because ST tires have no reserve capacity like car tires.....I don t exceed that .8 weight limit or 60 mph, with mostly traveling at 55 mph.....if tires don t move the chemicals in them can t do the job they were designed for....1 mph over 65 mph causes rapid deteriation....not covering and protecting your tires does the same...
not using the tire is not good, but ST are the best bet against.....Maxxis tires are better because they post a weight on them that allows a reserve capcity. Other tires don t do this.....after saying that you just have to know the numbers so you can operate within the limits....which very few do...Tire pressure is critical.....I use a TPMS so at least know pressure and temps all the time.....according to FR OM cold tire pressure is a taken when a tire has not been use for three hours.....I can go on and on about people overloading one tire or one axle.....and speeding.....some tires even give there limits in rpm s that means you have to measure the tire to see how far one rpm takes you......and the ones I have checked you better never go over 60 mph or they will 2 cents is if we all have better habits about doing the right things with tires there will be no problems....look at all the trailers out there no one has a problem with....just a few here on these why not blame the Chinese tires......seems to make sense to me.

Good luck travel lite....slow down.....

2011 Silverado 2500HD 6.0 Gas 3.73
2013 Flagstaff 8524 RLWS
1978 Cape Dory Ketch
sail2liv is offline   Reply With Quote