Old 06-01-2011, 09:51 PM   #11
You should hear the brakes hum when activated, stand next to the trailer, listen closely, then have someone press the manual control, you should hear them on both sides of the trailer, this may be a place to start

flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:24 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
Agree with others. Either 1 or more of the brakes are not working on 1 side, or not adjusted properly.

You don't feel the pull at lower settings because the functioning brakes are not working as hard.

BTW, I set my controller down instead of up when entering stop and go traffic. That keeps the trailer brakes from grabbing during the constant stopping. When back on the road, I will again set the controller back up for more power to the is harder to stop the trailer at 65 mph than at 25 mph.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2006 Ford F150 Super Cab 4x4
2008 Surveyor 263
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote