Old 01-03-2015, 11:54 AM   #11
Well since I dont know first hand what the steel structure looks like from the front bulkhead out to the hitch point ,I ordered one.It wouldnt surprise me if FR is useing the side walls to carry some of the wieght and I know there is no steel birdcage around that area,or anywhere else for that manner.Thats a lot of wieght hanging out there unsupported and I have seen older fives that developed sideing buckels just ahead of the bulkhead.The buckles went away when the trailer was hooked up to tow.For $129 its a cheap preventive attempt.

trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 08:27 PM   #12
I use the bal stabilizer bars on the front landing gear which are very similar to the JT stabilizers. They are rock solid. Takes at least 90% shacking out. I can push king pin 2-3 inches side to side when they are not tightened 0 after I tighten them. Don't have to worry about storing them or hitting it with bikes or truck. I have heard many use the tripod when they have a washer dryer up front but mine is in the rear garage area.

CincyED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 11:04 PM   #13
Oklahoma Proud
I don't think they are structurally necessary for a camper unhooked, kinda like op asked. But i think they could have benifits.
I dont have one, but i want to try one this season. With a 42', 4 slide camper with at least 3 kids bouncing around, and me and the wife rocking the trailer, im going all out this season.
Yep, we have jt's, and rear stabs, and use 4 chocks, but i want to add a tripod, 2 middle stab jacks and x chocks. Being sessonal, all this shouldn't be a big hastle and hopefully will make rock solid.

Op.... i think every camper, campers in it and situation will be different. Not necessarily, necessary structurally, but maybe for stability or comfort.
Good luck on your decision!

MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote