Old 05-14-2018, 09:25 AM   #1

TST 507 Flow Thru Sensor When does it Transmit

I have the TST 507 with the flow-thru sensors. I have not had the rig on the road yet since I installed the system. I noticed that I was getting updated (I believe they were updated) pressure and temp when the truck was parked in the driveway near the trailer. When I left after a few minutes the data stopped showing on the display and when I returned home it reappeared. This made me think I was seeing real data from the tires. After a couple of days now there is no data even when parked in the driveway.

Now my question is what triggers or when do the sending units send data to the display?

Old 05-14-2018, 09:50 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwdilday View Post
I have the TST 507 with the flow-thru sensors. I have not had the rig on the road yet since I installed the system. I noticed that I was getting updated (I believe they were updated) pressure and temp when the truck was parked in the driveway near the trailer. When I left after a few minutes the data stopped showing on the display and when I returned home it reappeared. This made me think I was seeing real data from the tires. After a couple of days now there is no data even when parked in the driveway.

Now my question is what triggers or when do the sending units send data to the display?
In your owners/set up booklet, it tells you how to 'drop' the connection from the trailer when you are not near it. ie.... out driving around. Push a couple of buttons at the same time when you are ready to hook up and the monitor will reestablish contact to the trailer. This works best if you use the TMPs also on the tow vehicle. There is a sequence of correct buttons to use. You will get used to your system and how to use it to the best of your comfort level. I would suggest that you call TST and they would be happy to talk to you about how your system works to it's best and how to shut the system off when not needed.

Call them before you go on any trip, so you will not 'freak out', if you loose a sensor because the battery is low.
https://tsttruck.com/
A batteries life is about a year. If you are keeping the system on 'all the time' and the monitor is picking up the sensors, you are using battery power and your timeline of usage of the battery will be greatly reduced. ie.. shut the monitor off when not using it. Your sensors are 'programed in' and they will not loose that programing when you turn the monitor back on. Even changing out a battery to a sensor, the 'monitor' will remember each sensor program.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 10:02 AM   #3
Pickin' & Campin'

Quote:

Anytime the sensors are attached to a tire, the pressure (in the tire) activates a switch in the transmitter (sensor) and sends out a periodic signal. Battery life if left attached to a tire 24/7 is said to be about a year.
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '15=22 '16=46 '17=30 '18=51
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:16 AM   #4
Truck System Technologies Rep

TST TPMS

Hi mwdilday,

Where is your repeater mounted? How long have the sensors been on the tires? Please call me today at 210-420-0132, I have 2 flights today, so If I do not answer please call TST at 770-889-9102 ask for Debbie Fields.

Thank you,

Mike Benson
TST TPMS
210-420-0132

Quote:

mbenson1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:26 AM   #5

TST TPMS

Thank you Brother Les!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
In your owners/set up booklet, it tells you how to 'drop' the connection from the trailer when you are not near it. ie.... out driving around. Push a couple of buttons at the same time when you are ready to hook up and the monitor will reestablish contact to the trailer. This works best if you use the TMPs also on the tow vehicle. There is a sequence of correct buttons to use. You will get used to your system and how to use it to the best of your comfort level. I would suggest that you call TST and they would be happy to talk to you about how your system works to it's best and how to shut the system off when not needed.

Call them before you go on any trip, so you will not 'freak out', if you loose a sensor because the battery is low.
https://tsttruck.com/
A batteries life is about a year. If you are keeping the system on 'all the time' and the monitor is picking up the sensors, you are using battery power and your timeline of usage of the battery will be greatly reduced. ie.. shut the monitor off when not using it. Your sensors are 'programed in' and they will not loose that programing when you turn the monitor back on. Even changing out a battery to a sensor, the 'monitor' will remember each sensor program.
Old 05-15-2018, 08:11 PM   #6

Thanks. I will check the manual.
Old 05-15-2018, 08:55 PM   #7

I have 4 sensors on one trailer, and 2 sensors on a different trailer - all programmed to different axles. I turn on the receiver before I hit the road and get all 6 to show up in the display. Once on the road, I turn off the display because I still see all 6 readings even tho I'm out of range of the other trailer. I then turn it back on and it takes a few miles for only the readings on the trailer to show up.
jeffnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:03 PM   #8

Manual says they update every 2 minutes.
From the manual;

SENSOR FEATURES
1. The sensors easily install on the valve stem.
2. Sensors are water resistant.
3. Pressure and temperature data is read every two (2) minutes.
4. Removal of a sensor (0 lbs. pressure) will shut off the sensor
battery.
5. The sensor batteries last approximately one (1) year and are
user replaceable.
6. Tire leaks and high temperatures are detected quickly.
7. Tires can be inflated without removing the sensor.
8. Each sensor has a unique, six (6) digit code for programming.
9. Sensors feature an anti-theft design using the included hex
screws.
jd50i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:16 PM   #9

I had a sensor that was starting to be erratic so I decided to put new batteries into them. It turns out that in addition to the sensor batteries being low (about 1.5 years) water and dirt had gotten into the sensors so I cleaned them all out and installed new batteries. Just something to keep in mind.

Marty
Old 05-17-2018, 08:19 AM   #10

TST TPMS

Do you use the repeater?

Thanks,
Mike Benson
TST TPMS
210-420-0132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martsing View Post
I had a sensor that was starting to be erratic so I decided to put new batteries into them. It turns out that in addition to the sensor batteries being low (about 1.5 years) water and dirt had gotten into the sensors so I cleaned them all out and installed new batteries. Just something to keep in mind.

Marty