Old 03-25-2016, 11:38 AM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
Fireman, I got this from a TST Operations Manager: "If you want to clear codes from your monitor follow the same instructions for coding, except as you toggle through and see your codes, press and hold the set button until it beeps and it will clear the code out. Tap the Mode button once you have cleared all of the codes and you should see no tires on your home screen."

To be clear, I wanted to clear the monitor and start over with a new set of sensors -- but if you will get your monitor to display the single unwanted tire and do what's written above, it will clear that unwanted tire. It is not the default... it was an unintended action on your part. No need to ask me how I know!
Thanks. I'll give that a try.

Nights camped in 2016: 26
Nights camped in 2017: ?
fireman1317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 11:14 AM   #92
Chief tinkerer

Greetings. Money spent on safety is money well spent. We wanted to use internal sensors for the longer battery life, which should be near the tire life. We wanted to monitor the 6 on the SunSeeker (came off the line this week, delivery to 3 Way Marietta next week), 2 on the dolly + 2 on the TOAD. Spoke with TST who recommended (for internal) going to the wheel drop center band mounted on all but the TOAD and cap sensors for it. The Discount tire store I have been using for years said they would install them for $16 ea including spin balancing. We will see how this all comes out I guess. Time will tell.

Old 03-26-2016, 12:35 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
Do you buy your replacement batteries for the 507 at Walmart or where. I looked at Batteries Plus and they were $4.00 apiece. I found batteries at Great RV Products for no name batteries for like a buck apiece and the Everready for two bucks apiece

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
I have mix luck with generic batteries and for this application I would use brand name batteries since they are hassle to change.
Sold 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL
Sold - 2015 Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel -
2015 Ford F350 SRW Cargo Capacity 3744
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 01:40 PM   #94

Well, once I had the new Maxxis tires installed with bolt on metal valve stems, I set about installing the TST 507 system. I purchased the 6 sensor system, and will monitor the 4 camper tires along with the rear truck tires. There was a learning curve to understanding how to program the monitor, but once my dimwitted brain finally "got it", it became much easier.
Anyway, the system is now on and operating correctly. My truck is parked in the garage, and the camper is in it's shed about 150 feet away, and the monitor is picking up all six sensors perfectly. So, I do not expect to need the repeater system.
I have two identical digital tire pressure guages from NAPA, and they are within 8 tenths of a pound of each other. However the TST system is about 3.5 lbs low as compared to those guages.

I did have one question; How accurate is the temperature monitor in this system? I went to the metal bolt on stems, but they still have a rubber bushing which isolates the metal stem from the wheel. Also, it seems that when we're driving, the 60 +/- mph plus rotational air would keep the sensor well cooled off.

I guess I'll find out the answer to that question in a week or two.
Old 04-01-2016, 01:48 PM   #95

I have the same issue as you DavidG. My digital pressure gauge and old truck style gauge agree with in a 1/2 # or so. The TST is 2-3 # lower than those. However, now that I know that, I am good with it. Mostly it gives me comfort knowing it will alarm if the pressure goes down or the heat goes up. Good question on the metal stems with rubber bushing, however the old stems are completely rubber. I would venture to say it measures the air temperature inside the tire? Just BDG.
D_B Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 02:27 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidg View Post
Well, once I had the new Maxxis tires installed with bolt on metal valve stems, I set about installing the TST 507 system. I purchased the 6 sensor system, and will monitor the 4 camper tires along with the rear truck tires. There was a learning curve to understanding how to program the monitor, but once my dimwitted brain finally "got it", it became much easier.
Anyway, the system is now on and operating correctly. My truck is parked in the garage, and the camper is in it's shed about 150 feet away, and the monitor is picking up all six sensors perfectly. So, I do not expect to need the repeater system.
I have two identical digital tire pressure guages from NAPA, and they are within 8 tenths of a pound of each other. However the TST system is about 3.5 lbs low as compared to those gauges.

I did have one question; How accurate is the temperature monitor in this system? I went to the metal bolt on stems, but they still have a rubber bushing which isolates the metal stem from the wheel. Also, it seems that when we're driving, the 60 +/- mph plus rotational air would keep the sensor well cooled off.

I guess I'll find out the answer to that question in a week or two.
The monitor will display the last readings for about hour after it looses signal. I have traveled 50 miles from the 5er and the display still shows the last readings. Leave you truck in the garage and turn off the monitor and then turn back and see if can receive data.
I have a three different digital gauge tire pressure gauges and they also reads a couple pounds difference but I'm not really worried about it since I know there is a difference
I have a laser thermometer that I check the brakes with at most every stop and also check the temp on the tires. I have found the TST reads tire temp about 15 to 25 degrees low. The TST was displaying temp in the mid 80's and the laser thermometer was displaying the tire temps at 105 to 110 degrees. My laser measure tire side wall temp and I'm not sure what TST is measuring.
Sold 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL
Sold - 2015 Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel -
2015 Ford F350 SRW Cargo Capacity 3744
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 02:48 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
The monitor will display the last readings for about hour after it looses signal. I have traveled 50 miles from the 5er and the display still shows the last readings. Leave you truck in the garage and turn off the monitor and then turn back and see if can receive data.
I have a three different digital gauge tire pressure gauges and they also reads a couple pounds difference but I'm not really worried about it since I know there is a difference
I have a laser thermometer that I check the brakes with at most every stop and also check the temp on the tires. I have found the TST reads tire temp about 15 to 25 degrees low. The TST was displaying temp in the mid 80's and the laser thermometer was displaying the tire temps at 105 to 110 degrees. My laser measure tire side wall temp and I'm not sure what TST is measuring.
I also have a gun what you are measuring with the gun is the rubber on the tire not the air temp inside. There will be a difference. That is my understanding right or wrong, but the rubber temp will always be higher then the air inside the tire that sensors read. If your at a rest stop and shoot the tires the sun side is always hotter then look at the temp monitor.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 02:48 PM   #98
Pickin' & Campin'

I was told by TST the sensor transducer measures air temperature within the transducer itself. Rubber isolation by the valve stem should have no effect.

As for the... "my sensors read a different psi than my gauge"... or... "my sensor reads a different temperature than my handheld laser" remember folks... it is just a baseline to monitor going down the road.

If you want peace of mind so that when you look at the monitor, it indicates exactly what your gauge reads, then you need to adjust your tire pressures accordingly when starting out.

For me, I could care less. As long as the pressures/temperatures stay within the pre-set range I programmed in during set-up, there isn't any reason for concern whether it indicates it started out at 65 psi or 63.4 psi.
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.
Days Camped: '15=22 '16=46 '17=30
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 02:50 PM   #99
Site Team

I get my batteries at Digikey.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
Do you buy your replacement batteries for the 507 at Walmart or where. I looked at Batteries Plus and they were $4.00 apiece. I found batteries at Great RV Products for no name batteries for like a buck apiece and the Everready for two bucks apiece

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 03:08 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
I was told by TST the sensor transducer measures air temperature within the transducer itself. Rubber isolation by the valve stem should have no effect.

As for the... "my sensors read a different psi than my gauge"... or... "my sensor reads a different temperature than my handheld laser" remember folks... it is just a baseline to monitor going down the road.

If you want peace of mind so that when you look at the monitor, it indicates exactly what your gauge reads, then you need to adjust your tire pressures accordingly when starting out.

For me, I could care less. As long as the pressures/temperatures stay within the pre-set range I programmed in during set-up, there isn't any reason for concern whether it indicates it started out at 65 psi or 63.4 psi.
I agree If I'm within a few pounds it really makes no difference....This isn't the space shuttle.... My trailer came with "C" rated 50 lbs PSI I moved to "D" rated at 65 PSI if my pressure reads 63 PSI no big deal but I like to run at the the tire rated PSI but it will get way over that in a mile.

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire