Old 05-09-2016, 10:42 PM   #131

Gidyupgo, is that the actual TST monitor and band they sent you? I have the metal band, metal cradle, wingnut screw, small plastic c clips and black sensos. Trying to figure out how they connect together. Waiting fir TST to get bavk to me with pictures.

The sensor is NOT exact fit to the metal cradle. It looked like ithe sensor need to be screwed on to the metal cradle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidyupgo View Post
Internal "Band Mounted" TPMS.

Old 05-10-2016, 06:34 PM   #132
Chief tinkerer

ADOR I handed the whole box to the guys at Discount tire, they did the install and gave me back the sack of screws and wing nuts. That pic is not thw actual pic, sorry.

2017 SunSeeker 3010DS
Gidyupgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 10:44 PM   #133

TST helped me out with some pictures on how to properly attach the monitor to the cradle. All is clear now.

One last question, where is the PROPER or BEST place to hook up the electrical wires for the repeater? (Red for power ad Black for ground)? I looked inside the cargo area and I can't find any wirings for the rear break lights. I have the 2861DS Class C.

Just trying to figure out where to hook up those wires. Thanks.
Old 05-14-2016, 06:04 PM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADOR View Post
TST helped me out with some pictures on how to properly attach the monitor to the cradle. All is clear now.

One last question, where is the PROPER or BEST place to hook up the electrical wires for the repeater? (Red for power ad Black for ground)? I looked inside the cargo area and I can't find any wirings for the rear break lights. I have the 2861DS Class C.

Just trying to figure out where to hook up those wires. Thanks.
What I did is bought a 12 Volt accessory plug male end and plug it into my basement accessory plug and used Velcro to attach to the wall.
Sold 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL
Sold - 2015 Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel -
2015 Ford F350 SRW Cargo Capacity 3744
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 06:08 PM   #135
Blog: RVroadtripper.com

My trailer has a power plate at the right side night stand for a single 12 volt and 2 USB connections. We plug the repeater in the 12volt as we're getting ready to tow.
Maxxis 16" E; Ride Rite AirBags w/AirLift 1 wireless compr; Adv.Folding 4 Cover Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset ball LCI Ground Control 3.0 4pt + 2pt Elec.Rear stabilizers; 3 Slidecovers; 10ft. Portabote 6000# Dexters; mor/Ryde CRE3000 w/HD Wetbolts; King Dish Tailgater; 5hp Outboard Dual A/C; Furrion 48 Rear Camera; Champion 3100 Inverter w/Extended Run
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 07:10 PM   #136

Thank you for the suggestions. I did find a 12V plug in the rear bedroom, where the rear TV is plugged in. It has a sticker that showed 6A (I take that is a 12V, like a cigarette lighter plug).

TST told me to just use the RED and BLACK wires on the repeater, and ignore the rest.

So, if I buy a male 12V plug from an automotive shop, just hook up the RED wire? I was told that BLACK is for "ground". Where do you tap the BLACK wire for ground? Cabinet is all made of wood.

I am having all of my valve stems and internal TST 507 (Strap mounted) TPMS installed this Saturday. I would lke to wire the repeater before I go to the shop. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-17-2016, 02:24 PM   #137

I would think you need a way to get to the frame, like drilling a hole and coming out the bottom to the frame somewhere, then just seal the small hole up. Can't really say without seeing the cabinet your talking about. But any connection to the frame should work

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 03:03 PM   #138

My son is looking to buy a travel trailer and I told him the best thing he could do is buy the TST 507 before he purchased the camper. Piece of mind. TPMS came standard on 2500 that he brought. Best place I have found to buy at is great RV products

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 09:20 AM   #139
Chief tinkerer

TPMS warning worked! Got the beep, beep, beep, hit the turn signal and started making my way to the shoulder from the center lane of 5 on 285 just West of the runway tunnel South of the Atlanta airport. Once on the shoulder while slowing, glanced over at the monitor to see what was going on. The driver side dolly tire was flashing and a glance in the mirror confirmed that it was flat with the bead broken. There was no handling difference and no drag so without the warning I don't know how far I would have gone.
Thankful that I had picked up a spare, jack and lug wrench, I went to work changing the tire. Really, really don't like being parked on the side of the road with that kind of traffic whizzing by. 20 minutes later we were out of that dangerous situation and back on the road.

If you have not yet put some kind of TPMS system on your rig, I encourage you to look into it.

Gary

2017 SunSeeker 3010DS
Gidyupgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 09:36 PM   #140

I agree totally. I've been using the TST 507 for some years and it has saved me a few times. My brother bought some other brand to save a few bucks and it doesn't automatically cycle through the tires and quite frankly is a piece of junk. The TST is worth every penny and more.

I may be old but I'm trying, very trying.
2015 RAM 1500 - EcoDiesel
Rockwood Ultra V 2715VS
OldBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire