Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2016, 06:40 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: West Hills, CA
Posts: 148
My 2 cents...
I just checked to see what mine would do. I have four sensors on my Truck and four on the trailer. I first unscrewed a trailer sensor and it beeped, I assume because pressure went to zero. I next drove around the block without the trailer and it did not beep and I was surely out of range.

I think it is important that there's user feedback of a lost signal and maybe there is, I'd rather see a "no reading" displayed than stale data shown. I want to call TST to ask them if there is an indicator other than watching your other tire's pressure/temp s and why there's such a long time (1 hr) before the head unit beeps because it hasn't received data. Maybe it can be configured or they can flash an update or something.
__________________

__________________
CraigBean7672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:47 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
CWSWine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigBean7672 View Post
My 2 cents...
I just checked to see what mine would do. I have four sensors on my Truck and four on the trailer. I first unscrewed a trailer sensor and it beeped, I assume because pressure went to zero. I next drove around the block without the trailer and it did not beep and I was surely out of range.

I think it is important that there's user feedback of a lost signal and maybe there is, I'd rather see a "no reading" displayed than stale data shown. I want to call TST to ask them if there is an indicator other than watching your other tire's pressure/temp s and why there's such a long time (1 hr) before the head unit beeps because it hasn't received data. Maybe it can be configured or they can flash an update or something.
I'm thinking the same way you are. When I'm hooked up going down the road I would like to know that I haven't lost signal to a sensor and looking at data the is an hour old on tire that increase in temp and pressure.
__________________

__________________
2017 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40D Diesel Pusher 41 foot. CC 5740
2017 Solitude 310GK-R Pick Up Oct 24th.
2016 GMC Denali 1 ton Cargo Capacity 3722 lbs
Sold 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL
Sold - 2015 Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel -
2015 Ford F350 SRW Cargo Capacity 3744
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:51 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
CWSWine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,010
Also, how long does it take for the head unit to pick up the sensors. Seems like it takes about 6 to 10 minutes for all 4 sensors to connect and give me a reading. I have even move the head unit with couple feet of tires and still takes about the same amount of time.
__________________
2017 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40D Diesel Pusher 41 foot. CC 5740
2017 Solitude 310GK-R Pick Up Oct 24th.
2016 GMC Denali 1 ton Cargo Capacity 3722 lbs
Sold 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL
Sold - 2015 Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel -
2015 Ford F350 SRW Cargo Capacity 3744
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 07:22 PM   #14
Site Team
 
Mr. Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Grayson County, Texas
Posts: 6,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
Also, how long does it take for the head unit to pick up the sensors. Seems like it takes about 6 to 10 minutes for all 4 sensors to connect and give me a reading. I have even move the head unit with couple feet of tires and still takes about the same amount of time.

I'm looking at the instruction sheet which came with my system. It says "Allow 15-20 minutes for all tires to register PSI & temperature on the monitor."


Sent (I think)
__________________
SEARCH is your friend!
FR Wildcat 295RSX / GMC Sierra

Nights Camped: '13 = 49 / '14 = 74 / '15 = 74 / '16 = 85 / '17 = 110 / '18 = 0; booked = 28
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 07:36 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,623
I had a sensor that seem to never change or stay up with the other 3 , I called and Mike told me to loosen the shrader valve on the tire a little, I did that and it never happened again. that's been over 3 years ago. Not quite the OP problem but I would call as others have said and see what they say
__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 07:45 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
CWSWine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
I'm looking at the instruction sheet which came with my system. It says "Allow 15-20 minutes for all tires to register PSI & temperature on the monitor."


Sent (I think)
You got a manual? All that was in my box was sheet that was run on copier that explained how to use the wrench to install the sensors. I used youtube to setup sensors in the head unit....

PS I found the user manual online here -- http://tsttruck.com/wp-content/uploa...ser-manual.pdf
__________________
2017 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40D Diesel Pusher 41 foot. CC 5740
2017 Solitude 310GK-R Pick Up Oct 24th.
2016 GMC Denali 1 ton Cargo Capacity 3722 lbs
Sold 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL
Sold - 2015 Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel -
2015 Ford F350 SRW Cargo Capacity 3744
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 08:06 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
CWSWine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,010
Now I have a manual I see where is says that the senors only send data every 5 minutes to save battery life. Then in another place is says that if rapid pressure loss is detected it will send a will signal to alert you of the air loss.

It says you don't need a repeater if you RV is less than 38 feet and mine 39.5 but my tires are less than 38 feet. I got a repeater and have it installed in my basement so either way I'm good.

Still can't find out about signal loss but I will call tomorrow or Monday and get answer on that one.

Thanks for all the help.
__________________
2017 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40D Diesel Pusher 41 foot. CC 5740
2017 Solitude 310GK-R Pick Up Oct 24th.
2016 GMC Denali 1 ton Cargo Capacity 3722 lbs
Sold 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL
Sold - 2015 Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel -
2015 Ford F350 SRW Cargo Capacity 3744
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 09:05 PM   #18
Site Team
 
Mr. Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Grayson County, Texas
Posts: 6,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
You got a manual? All that was in my box was sheet that was run on copier that explained how to use the wrench to install the sensors. I used youtube to setup sensors in the head unit....

PS I found the user manual online here -- http://tsttruck.com/wp-content/uploa...ser-manual.pdf
I got the 15-20 minute info. from a 1-page "507 Installation Guide". I also have a single page front and back printed "Troubleshooting 101....", a warranty card and a little booklet very close to the .pdf manual to which you pointed above. However, mine is different at least in the picture of the sensor installation tool and a couple of other minor points.

BTW, when I took my stuff out of its box, I discovered they had sent me non-flow-through sensors instead of the flow-throughs I had ordered. I sent an email to the sales company on whose website I ordered my system (my unit was shipped from TST) and the lady forwarded my email to a lady at TSTTruck.com and asked her to switch sensors with me.
__________________
SEARCH is your friend!
FR Wildcat 295RSX / GMC Sierra

Nights Camped: '13 = 49 / '14 = 74 / '15 = 74 / '16 = 85 / '17 = 110 / '18 = 0; booked = 28
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 11:18 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
I purchased a TST 507 tire monitor and installed on my 39.5 foot 5er.

The first thing I notices is 3 of tires increased in temp and pressure but 1 tire remained at the temp and pressure prior to leaving. After about 30 minutes on a interstate it jumped up to the same temp and pressure as the rest of tires.

Dropping off the 5er at storage and driving home about 25 miles and 30 minutes drive the TST monitor was still displaying the last readings it got from the sensors.

Anyone now how long the TST will display readings after signal loss?

I getting ready to add a repeater to insure I don't get a signal loss and just displaying the last reading.
I found that my reception problems went away when I installed the monitor higher on the windshield. If it is too low the signal has to go through the truck body. Further up on the windshield and the monitor has a clear signal through glass. Worked wonders for us.
__________________
OldBob

I may be old but I'm trying, very trying.
2015 RAM 1500 - EcoDiesel
Rockwood Ultra V 2715VS
OldBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 09:01 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw,NC
Posts: 4,284
Mine sits as high on the windshield as I can get it. I have never had a problem with the signal dropping out.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________

__________________
2015 Cedar Creek 32RL
2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ignhavefun.gif
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tire

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25 AM.