Old 03-23-2016, 06:12 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
CWSWine......

The 507TST can read up to 22 (twenty-two) wheels. 22 wheels may really take 5 minutes. I run 8 tires. 4 on the vehicle and 4 on the trailer. these take less than 2 minutes. If I 'drop' the trailer (push 'MODE and -' at the same time), it takes less than 1 minute to cycle through 4 tires on the truck......
From the manual --- "3. Sensor transmit Temperature and pressure data every five minutes" or for the newer sensors every 2 minutes. The Display will hold data for up to hour and display the last sensor reading. if you don't believe that leave your monitor on and take drive and you will notice that the readings display your last readings. Heck I drove almost 50 miles before my reading went to blank and never set off a alarm. Now if under/over pressure or over max temp it will sent that data without a delay. You loose air and just couple seconds before the sensor goes off , I know that for fact.

Sold 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL
Sold - 2015 Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel -
2015 Ford F350 SRW Cargo Capacity 3744
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 07:03 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
From the manual --- "3. Sensor transmit Temperature and pressure data every five minutes" or for the newer sensors every 2 minutes. The Display will hold data for up to hour and display the last sensor reading. if you don't believe that leave your monitor on and take drive and you will notice that the readings display your last readings. Heck I drove almost 50 miles before my reading went to blank and never set off a alarm. Now if under/over pressure or over max temp it will sent that data without a delay. You loose air and just couple seconds before the sensor goes off , I know that for fact.
This has been hashed out many times already on this thread. It seems you just want to put down that there is not a good system out there, Many members have question your arguments. They have been proven wrong over and over. TST is the best system out there for the consumer. Nothing is perfect we do not live in a perfect world, but it's still the best product out there for us to use IMO only find a better one and get back on the forum and tell us. Good luck in your choice....

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 07:16 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
This has been hashed out many times already on this thread. It seems you just want to put down that there is not a good system out there, Many members have question your arguments. They have been proven wrong over and over. TST is the best system out there for the consumer. Nothing is perfect we do not live in a perfect world, but it's still the best product out there for us to use IMO only find a better one and get back on the forum and tell us. Good luck in your choice....
I have not been proven wrong on any my comments matter fact you are the one putting out incorrect information and was proven wrong by reading the manual and a call to TST and the website so you are the guilty one not me. Here is the statement you made and I quote. "It reads faster then every 5 mins. It will change reading at every revolution" which is totally false.

I have never said that it was a bad system I just don't like the idea that it will hold the last data for a long period of time which was verified by others. Now the owner has said that the issue will be address in future updates.
Sold 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL
Sold - 2015 Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel -
2015 Ford F350 SRW Cargo Capacity 3744
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:15 PM   #74

X2 ^^
Old 03-23-2016, 10:42 PM   #75

No TPMS will work correctly if the batteries aren't changed periodically and seals replaced with each change. TST will send you FREE of charge, a complete set of seals and screws if you call them.
We have had our TST 507rv system for over two years and it works perfectly. Pressures are spot on and they "alert" instantly on a blowout and for low and high pressure or temps.
I consider this system to be the best accessory I've bought for my TT. I believe they should be installed on all new units as "real time" information is vital, whereas just checking them at each stop tells you nothing while you are rolling. By the time you stop to check them, the temps and pressures have dropped.
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 05:17 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhat6mike View Post
No TPMS will work correctly if the batteries aren't changed periodically and seals replaced with each change. TST will send you FREE of charge, a complete set of seals and screws if you call them.
We have had our TST 507rv system for over two years and it works perfectly. Pressures are spot on and they "alert" instantly on a blowout and for low and high pressure or temps.
I consider this system to be the best accessory I've bought for my TT. I believe they should be installed on all new units as "real time" information is vital, whereas just checking them at each stop tells you nothing while you are rolling. By the time you stop to check them, the temps and pressures have dropped.
I agree with Blackhat, still there is no perfect system out there, when you find a better one with better equipment and CS, please let me know...
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 09:22 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I have the steel valve stems on the camper but not on the truck, never a problem with the 507

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
I ran a similar style (Tyre dog TPMS) on my Gold Wing motorcycle for years. Worked great. The manual specifically said to install steel stems. I call Tyre dog and they told me they had some rubber ones break. I suspect if the stem is a short straight stem, it's not as big of an issue, If the stem is L shaped or angled, IMO I would install steel as they apparently get to vibrating around with the top heavy sensor. My buddy had some Doran's which were real nice but would fly off because they had no set screw. They also throw your balance off so re-balance once adding them. Or at minimum, add a stick on weight of equal grams to the opposite side of the tire. We did our own mounting and static balance to our MC tires so it was a big deal.

It's an excellent reasonably priced alternative and work perfectly for those who want to run a sensor.

Robot Check
Old 03-24-2016, 04:56 PM   #78

Do you leave your sensors on when you balance your truck tires? I take my sensors off

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 05:16 PM   #79

Leave them on otherwise it will be like adding another weight to it
Old 03-24-2016, 05:19 PM   #80

Stupid question.

What is 'flow through'??

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire