Old 02-01-2016, 04:53 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBrownstein View Post
One of these days I am going to ask them how the processor decides that it has lost a transmitter. I think it wails if it get signal from some but not the others.
If the monitor has not gotten a signal from a sensor since power-up, the PSI/Temp values when it gets to that position in the rotation will just be blank. It will not alarm on a sensor if it has never received data (the blank readings would be your indication) even if its supposed to be there.

The flow-thru sensors send data every 2 minutes (or immediately if a fast-leak - i.e. rapid pressure decrease - is detected). I assume that after a given number of multiples of the 2 minute period since the last signal, it will alarm but I don't know how many.

I know this because when mine stopped reporting due to corrosion shorting out the battery, there was no low battery indication - just an alarm and blank info for that sensor. It happened just as I was pulling into a service center for fuel only about 2 hours out from home (after driving through salty-wet road spray the whole time). After fueling up, I turned off the monitor and back on to see if it would recapture that sensor and it never did - it remained blank (without alarm) all the way to my first camp stop in Marietta GA where I cleaned and replaced the battery and it was good again.

Self restraint is for the young. I'm old and want it NOW!
DaveSchwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 07:26 PM   #22

I replaced one bad sensor before my last trip and it was working perfectly. Once it was on for a few minutes the alarm would go of steadily. Turn it off a start again it did the same thing. Variation of 2 to 3 lbs in tires, but I don't think that's enough to set the alarm. I noticed when returning my rv to the storage yard I had the monitor laying on the center console and not a peep operating perfectly. I wonder if there could be some kind of interference while sitting on the dash. Anyone have this problem?

Old 02-01-2016, 07:48 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppytoymaker View Post
I replaced one bad sensor before my last trip and it was working perfectly. Once it was on for a few minutes the alarm would go of steadily. Turn it off a start again it did the same thing. Variation of 2 to 3 lbs in tires, but I don't think that's enough to set the alarm. I noticed when returning my rv to the storage yard I had the monitor laying on the center console and not a peep operating perfectly. I wonder if there could be some kind of interference while sitting on the dash. Anyone have this problem?
Yes it happened to me and what I discovered is that I had to place the monitor higher on the windshield. When placed low the signal from the sensors had to travel through the metal of the truck. But placed higher on the windshield the signal only had to travel through glass and I never again had that problem. I hope that works for you too.

I may be old but I'm trying, very trying.
2015 RAM 1500 - EcoDiesel
Rockwood Ultra V 2715VS
OldBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 08:32 PM   #24

Good idea, I'll use the window mount when we go to Charleston, SC at the end of the month. Last time I used it I couldn't see the screen with the sun glare. thanx
Old 02-01-2016, 08:58 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppytoymaker View Post
Good idea, I'll use the window mount when we go to Charleston, SC at the end of the month. Last time I used it I couldn't see the screen with the sun glare. thanx
Actually...I have it mounted high on the windshield on the passenger's side. It's my wife's duty to monitor the tires. Works like a charm.

I may be old but I'm trying, very trying.
2015 RAM 1500 - EcoDiesel
Rockwood Ultra V 2715VS
OldBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 12:03 PM   #26

Well, that does it. As soon as I get this cast off my leg and can throw the crutches away, I'm ordering one. I'm thinking installing them on truck and trailer and both spares, a total of 10. Truck has factory monitor, but I replaced the P tires with LT tires and don't know how the Ford sensors are set. Has anyone used that many? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:18 PM   #27
Site Team

The installed sensors on the truck can be reset by the dealer or you can purchase a tool for about $100 to do it yourself.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 65W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 12:41 PM   #28

Thanks FlyBob. My understanding is the TST set points can be easily adjusted between the higher towing tire pressure and the lower non-towing pressure. I have no idea what the factory transmitters are set to, but I'm guessing it's based on the recommended inflation numbers for the tires that came on the truck. I assume you can do this with the tool you mentioned also?
Old 02-19-2016, 09:27 AM   #29

Hey group I have the model TM 510RV. And my pressures are all over the place. I have used three different air gauges and it looks like the sensors are 10 to 15 pounds off. I even used the old stick type that I grew up with and it follows with what the digital ones say with in at least 2 or 3 pounds. I call and they said to run them on a trip and they should come in range. Well they didn't . I didn't know if anyone of you have heard anything about this or not.
Old 02-19-2016, 09:49 AM   #30
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel ritchie View Post
Hey group I have the model TM 510RV. And my pressures are all over the place. I have used three different air gauges and it looks like the sensors are 10 to 15 pounds off. I even used the old stick type that I grew up with and it follows with what the digital ones say with in at least 2 or 3 pounds. I call and they said to run them on a trip and they should come in range. Well they didn't . I didn't know if anyone of you have heard anything about this or not.
I've never heard this before in a TST system. Most people here have 507 systems though, I think.

1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote