Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2015, 04:05 PM   #1
Always Learning

TST - where to buy & metal valve stems

I'm pricing out the TST 507 Flow Thru sensors. It's seeming that the best pricing is directly through TST themselves. Where did you all buy from?

And next- who do I go to in order to get metal valve stems on my inner duals? I have some funky plastic/rubber stem that isn't threaded on the end. Do I just go to any tire store? Or should I head up to the truck stop who does big rig truck tires?
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 04:12 PM   #2

I'm going to buy mine from this site......

Motor home TPMS SYSTEMS PRESSURE TRACK TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM,TPMS, RV TIRE MONITOR, RV TPMS SYSTEM

Good pricing, three year warranty, and free shipping.
TexasT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 06:07 PM   #3
Average Joe

Take a peek at tweetys.com. That's where I got mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 07:10 PM   #4

Got mine directly from TST. Great to work with, and I had to return the flow thru's due to rim design and get the standard sensors and they had no problems with the return.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 11:57 AM   #5

I have owned 2 RV's. Both had inadequate and nearly inaccessible valve stems, especially on the inner duals. Also, the tire pressure sensors wouldn't fit on the type of thread on my valve stems.
I took it to a tire place (McClea's in Santa Rosa, CA), where they refitted the valve stems with proper truck type stems, and custom installed extenders through the wheel covers. It wasn't very expensive. Now I can use the sensors,and fill the tires without a struggle.
jeffrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 12:01 PM   #6

We got ours directly from TsT, 3 year warranty and they were super helpful on the phone. We had the stem extensions put on at a Les Schwab tire enter. We called to make sure they could handle a MH and had the parts. Took about 2 hours and cost about $150 for both sets of wheels. They also put a stem holder on the hubcap, so they don't whip around when moving.
Edgar & Carlos (felines)
RIP Sophie, the sweetest cat ever.
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 12:05 PM   #7

I would stick with TST directly as well. They still have that extra year warranty going on and the folks really take good care of their customers. It's worth putting a little extra coin in their pocket.

As for metal stems... just about any tire shop should be able to hook you up. I think the last time I had mine switched out it was something like $5 a pop.
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 12:52 PM   #8
Radioman

I agree with "Texas T". I just bought mine from this site last week. Best price and got 3yr warranty. When installing, be sure and follow the seperate installation sheet they send with the unit. The included manual is a bit confusing. The only thing I found was that setting the high by 25% was better than the recommended 20%. If the tire is rated for 80 psi, I used that figure even though I run a little less because of heat buildup.
Yuba City, CA. 95993
bjlyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 03:24 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrapp View Post
I have owned 2 RV's. Both had inadequate and nearly inaccessible valve stems, especially on the inner duals. Also, the tire pressure sensors wouldn't fit on the type of thread on my valve stems.
I took it to a tire place (McClea's in Santa Rosa, CA), where they refitted the valve stems with proper truck type stems, and custom installed extenders through the wheel covers. It wasn't very expensive. Now I can use the sensors,and fill the tires without a struggle.
Extender, extends too much. Besides, I add air maybe twice a year. I have some strange aftermarket aluminum rims

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 03:33 PM   #10

Send a message via MSN to GreenImp
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasT View Post
I'm going to buy mine from this site......

Motor home TPMS SYSTEMS PRESSURE TRACK TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM,TPMS, RV TIRE MONITOR, RV TPMS SYSTEM

Good pricing, three year warranty, and free shipping.

I recently ordered mine through Infotech ($220 for 4 sensors). They were drop shipped directly from TST. Mine arrived without the installation tool. I emailed Infotech...they nearly instantly apologized and called TST who sent out some tools the same day. Great service from both companies. I chose to order from Infotech as they were slightly cheaper than the TST listed price. I have heard of people calling TST directly and getting price matching from them. I totally agree with "putting more coin in TST's pocket"...except when that coin is coming out of mine.
Dad's old 1968 Empi Imp (recently recovered from under 21 years worth of boxes/dust)
GreenImp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 11:33 PM   #11
Always Learning

Thanks for the input. I do like the idea of calling TST.

I'll call my local tire shop for the truck's inner dual stems. Sounds like it should be easy. Merchant Tire treated me pretty good last time.
Old 04-12-2015, 04:40 AM   #12

I purchased mine directly from TST. They had the lowest price and offered my a free 3 year warranty.