Old 07-18-2012, 09:02 PM   #11

I use both. Bought my xchocks (2) for $5 at a yard sale.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:57 PM   #12

We use X-Chocks on both sets of wheels for our Rockwood 8312SS. We still get a fair amount of movement from our two kids (less than 60lbs each) rolling over in their bunks as well as even just walking around in the camper. We didn't have the issue with our Salem 27RBEC. Is the issue related to the slides or the suspension or ???? We are not set up at a permanent site and the amount of movement does not seem to be related to whether we are parked on concrete, asphalt, gravel, or grass. Does anyone have a similar situation or is anyone able to offer suggestions for eliminating or reducing the movement?

Old 09-02-2012, 08:45 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrosed
We use X-Chocks on both sets of wheels for our Rockwood 8312SS. We still get a fair amount of movement from our two kids (less than 60lbs each) rolling over in their bunks as well as even just walking around in the camper. We didn't have the issue with our Salem 27RBEC. Is the issue related to the slides or the suspension or ???? We are not set up at a permanent site and the amount of movement does not seem to be related to whether we are parked on concrete, asphalt, gravel, or grass. Does anyone have a similar situation or is anyone able to offer suggestions for eliminating or reducing the movement?
We also have the same Rockwood as you. Ours is horrible with the movement and I hate it. There are a few companies that make stabilizing bar kits that claim to take most of the movement out. They are pricey and we haven't taken the plunge yet. If you do a search on the forum there are quite a few threads on the different manufacturers.
1999 Dodge Durango (Retired TT)
2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Quad Cab 4x4
wagon52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:41 PM   #14
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagon52

We also have the same Rockwood as you. Ours is horrible with the movement and I hate it. There are a few companies that make stabilizing bar kits that claim to take most of the movement out. They are pricey and we haven't taken the plunge yet. If you do a search on the forum there are quite a few threads on the different manufacturers.
Bal brand stabilizer's are 99.00 for a pair.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:56 PM   #15
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

So I lied there on sale.

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/r...stabilizer.htm

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001UGNJ60

http://www.adventurerv.net/bal-lock-...ar-p-5289.html

Even a video for ya .
Old 09-10-2012, 03:05 PM   #16
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrosed View Post
X Chocks are for helping to stop front to back motion only. The jack stabilizers-front to back & side to side will take the motion out and jacks under the axle mounts or right in front of the axles will take the bounce out.

You have to have all 4 to stop the motion.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:31 PM   #17

IMHO the quality doesn't "look" as good as the X-Chocs. I went on the Northern Tool website and viewed picture and comments. Some opinions were that the locking mechanism was kinda so-so.

If on a budget, would be of benefit... 1/3 the cost of X-Chocs. Comes in a 2-pack whereas the X-Chocks come as single or 2-Pk so read carefully before placing order.

I have used X-Chocs several times and the quality is excellent... can put a good grip on the tires... not going anywhere unless all 4 tires are leaving skid marks!
FreedomTracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:36 PM   #18
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomTracker
IMHO the quality doesn't "look" as good as the X-Chocs. I went on the Northern Tool website and viewed picture and comments. Some opinions were that the locking mechanism was kinda so-so.

If on a budget, would be of benefit... 1/3 the cost of X-Chocs. Comes in a 2-pack whereas the X-Chocks come as single or 2-Pk so read carefully before placing order.

I have used X-Chocs several times and the quality is excellent... can put a good grip on the tires... not going anywhere unless all 4 tires are leaving skid marks!
I don't care how you paint the picture x chocks will never stop the movement up and down and side to side......
Only stabilizer's on your jacks will do this.
And then only if there triangulated.

Even fore and aft isn't eliminated with x-chocks since your tires are rubber they will move.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:38 PM   #19
Site Team - Lou

Got interupted yesterday setting up in Rhode Island and installed only 1 X Chock. BIG difference. I was aware immediately that something was wrong. Walking around the camper felt like we were in a boat.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:35 PM   #20

Thanks!

1999 Dodge Durango (Retired TT)
2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Quad Cab 4x4
wagon52 is offline   Reply With Quote