Old 10-14-2016, 09:43 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
The pic in the link shows the sidewall of the tire and it's an ST235/85R16 Goodyear Endurance. Interesting. Thanks Airdale for sharing this.

It's also interesting how large they have made the print on the sidewall stating "For Maximum Load Inflate to 80 PSI". It seems they are really pointing that out to the average Joe.
I wouldn't have this rig..... takes tooooo many x-chocks

HA HA very pretty

Old 10-14-2016, 09:49 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
My feeling is if you keep your tires (regardless where made) at the proper inflation and don't exceed the speed or weight rating, where they are made really doesn't make that big of difference. JMHO

There is crap-loads of evidence that says the opposite... with regard to ST tires.

You must not read much. Every other day a thread pops up where another ST failed and caused damage to the trailer.

Many of us have swapped to LT tires and never looked back.

ST tires are crap. Period. Until they start to be manufactured to the same standards as P and LT tires that is.

Old 10-14-2016, 09:56 AM   #13

Quote:
The pic in the link shows the sidewall of the tire and it's an ST235/85R16 Goodyear Endurance. Interesting. Thanks Airdale for sharing this.

It's also interesting how large they have made the print on the sidewall stating "For Maximum Load Inflate to 80 PSI". It seems they are really pointing that out to the average Joe.
We had one of the New 15" Maxxis 8008 load range E 80 PSI tires fail while in California,tire dealer said Week for replacement! He said He uses Carlisle Tires,I looked at them and they are 15" load range E ST Tires,and The HUGE BIG Print on the Sidewall says "80 PSI and 81 MPH"! We are now in Kansas and no Ill effects! Will evaluate when returning home! Youroo!!
Old 10-14-2016, 10:07 AM   #14

Quote:

I might be wrong or told wrong, don't you work for a tire compamy?
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 10:20 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
We had one of the New 15" Maxxis 8008 load range E 80 PSI tires fail while in California,tire dealer said Week for replacement! He said He uses Carlisle Tires,I looked at them and they are 15" load range E ST Tires,and The HUGE BIG Print on the Sidewall says "80 PSI and 81 MPH"! We are now in Kansas and no Ill effects! Will evaluate when returning home! Youroo!!
Dangit... I am just gonna stop reading about tires. Now the Maxxis tires are crap too? I can't use LT tires without changing rims... I don't want to spend that much...plus it would change other stuff.

I guess best you can and ADD TPMS.
Old 10-14-2016, 10:22 AM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
I might be wrong or told wrong, don't you work for a tire compamy?
My username doesn't give it away?

I just threw some salt over my shoulder for good luck. Ended up smashing a mirror with the salt shaker.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 11:35 AM   #17

Carlisle ST tires! Youroo!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0502.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	321.0 KB
ID:	122939   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0505.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	362.3 KB
ID:	122940  
Old 10-14-2016, 12:11 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
You didn't mention how it happened? JB. told me. I'm from California, 25 years, there isn't a decent road in that State. Where you on I-5? You will go back to Maxxis as soon as you get back to OHIO. Y
our last Maxxis lasted 5 years, then you gave them to a landscaper free, because they were in such good shape. Tell the whole story Youroo, what you did to blow the tires. MAXXIS 8008 ST. Best tire on the Market. How did you get a E
Rated tire on a max 65 psi rim? Good camp fire story coming, I can feel it in my bones already.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
Old 10-14-2016, 12:23 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
Dangit... I am just gonna stop reading about tires. Now the Maxxis tires are crap too? I can't use LT tires without changing rims... I don't want to spend that much...plus it would change other stuff.

I guess best you can and ADD TPMS.
Get Maxxis my friend, you will not be sorry or ever look back. 8008 St load range " d " 65 max psi, tires drive me nuts also, use to be a Marathon Man, last set less then 4000 miles two broken belts verified by GY. Both tires ballooned on me and one the belt was showing from the chunk it took out of the thread. Happened at the Mayberry Rally, changed all four to Maxxis 8008 ST 65psi load range D, they wanted to put E Rated on at 80 psi, I said no the rim was stamped 65 max psi.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
Old 10-14-2016, 02:25 PM   #20

I know these are bias ply but they claim to be 100% made in the USA.

Specialty Tires of America Customer Information

sta-super-transport

Tags
tire, tires