Old 10-14-2016, 05:00 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
We had one of the New 15" Maxxis 8008 load range E 80 PSI tires fail while in California,tire dealer said Week for replacement! He said He uses Carlisle Tires,I looked at them and they are 15" load range E ST Tires,and The HUGE BIG Print on the Sidewall says "80 PSI and 81 MPH"! We are now in Kansas and no Ill effects! Will evaluate when returning home! Youroo!!
My 5er came with Trailer King 235/80/R16 LR E tires. After 5500 problem free miles I was ready for a set of Maxxis. Research lead me to the Carlisle TH and bought 5. Only 1200 miles so far but very pleased. Tire dealer had Carlisle available in 24 hours and 72 for Maxxis ~~ the wait was irrelevant.

CaptnJohn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 06:57 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
My feeling is if you keep your tires (regardless where made) at the proper inflation and don't exceed the speed or weight rating, where they are made really doesn't make that big of difference. JMHO
Absolutely! !😊

Old 10-14-2016, 07:03 PM   #23
DDC

Do you really think they will be better, tires made by the same companies in a different location is really going to fix everything.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 07:41 PM   #24

What Do You Do When The Wheels Fall Off?

Had a bad experience with underrated tyres.

Checkout my post "What Do You Do When The Wheels Fall Off?" in the On The Road thread.
Old 10-14-2016, 07:51 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Carlisle ST tires! Youroo!!
The Carlisle I got from Discount tires say something like that, I know it's 80 PSI but I forgot the speed rating....
Old 10-14-2016, 08:34 PM   #26

[QUOTE=Ford Idaho;1341480]The Carlisle I got from Discount tires say something like that, I know it's 80 PSI but I forgot the speed rating....[/QUOT

PSI on my Carlisle tires is 85.
Old 10-14-2016, 09:16 PM   #27

I wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325BH View Post
There is crap-loads of evidence that says the opposite... with regard to ST tires.

You must not read much. Every other day a thread pops up where another ST failed and caused damage to the trailer.

Many of us have swapped to LT tires and never looked back.

ST tires are crap. Period. Until they start to be manufactured to the same standards as P and LT tires that is.
why the RV manufacturers don't use LT tires. And why hasn't everyone changed over to them? Seems like a no brainer automatic. What gives?
raytwntrvlr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 09:40 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
My feeling is if you keep your tires (regardless where made) at the proper inflation and don't exceed the speed or weight rating, where they are made really doesn't make that big of difference. JMHO
You're wrong. I purchased a Cardinal that had, as it turned out, Chinese tires. Somehow there was a problem with ensuring the belts were properly laminated and three of them, no THREE of them blew out on one trip. $2500 damage.

First the Chinese manufactured children's toys with lead paint. Then they built exploding tires. Then they poisoned our pets by putting filler chemical in the pet food. Then they made poisonous drywall. You get my point.....
Old 10-14-2016, 09:46 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325BH View Post
There is crap-loads of evidence that says the opposite... with regard to ST tires.

You must not read much. Every other day a thread pops up where another ST failed and caused damage to the trailer.

Many of us have swapped to LT tires and never looked back.

ST tires are crap. Period. Until they start to be manufactured to the same standards as P and LT tires that is.
For every ST tire that has failed prematurely millions have held up for their service life just fine. If ST tires were that bad the highways would be littered with TTs on the side of the road with blowouts and I'm out there daily and just don't see it. If changing to LT tires gives you peace of mind then more power to you, but it doesn't make those who think differently uninformed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raytwntrvlr View Post
why the RV manufacturers don't use LT tires. And why hasn't everyone changed over to them? Seems like a no brainer automatic. What gives?

2014: 2259 Miles, 30 Nights camped
2015: 1644 Miles, 20 Nights camped
2016: 550 Miles, 11 Nights camped
indybp57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 10:02 PM   #30

ST or LT

You must remember that it always depends on the load, the pressure (both starting & what it gets to after running for a while) and the speed. The ratings are one thing but what you are doing to them on the road has significance.

Tags
tire, tires