Old 03-13-2012, 09:34 AM   #21

Herk, I think it is you who needs to 'cool your jets', as you are dead wrong about the Maxxis tires. I could care less what all of your internet surfing "research" tells you, my tires are not made in China.
And I don't need to post a picture just to satisfy you, as my word is worth more than a picture.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:49 AM   #22
Site Team - Lou

Shut down and cooling...

Caveat Lector

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:25 AM   #23
Wanna Be Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
John,

As I stated on numerous occasions "NOT ALL MARATHONS ARE MADE IN CHINA" Some are made in Gadsden Alabama. I also do not care WHERE they are made; but WHO did the quality assurance on them.

If Goodyear (or Michelin, or whoever) has their name on them THEY, as well as the DoT, did the QC on the plant. Some goofy name tire was most likely only spot checked by the DOT.
Wasn't disputing your point Herk. As we had discussed quite some time ago on my Marathons no need to look for a code. They clearly say made in China. And they have been ok other than the 6 punctures I have had, but I live on dirt roads and the 6 flats in 2 years does not compare to the 13 flats in 15 months I had with my Wrangler tires on my 04 Ram 4x4.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2016: 3 2017: 0
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #24
Site Team

Last I knew, Maxxis name tires were made by Cheng Shin Rubber (but they may be one and the same company). I think they have plants in Taiwan, China, Thailand, and Vietnam.

Now what I don't know, is if all these plants manufacture trailer tires.

Just posting this for informational purposes.

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:58 AM   #25
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSasks View Post
Wasn't disputing your point Herk. As we had discussed quite some time ago on my Marathons no need to look for a code. They clearly say made in China. And they have been ok other than the 6 punctures I have had, but I live on dirt roads and the 6 flats in 2 years does not compare to the 13 flats in 15 months I had with my Wrangler tires on my 04 Ram 4x4.
Marathons are made in several locations; worldwide. If you search that database and use Goodyear as the manufacturer; there are 15 hits from Canada to Indonesia. China is included in that list.

HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Old 03-13-2012, 12:05 PM   #26
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Last I knew, Maxxis name tires were made by Cheng Shin Rubber (but they may be one and the same company). I think they have plants in Taiwan, China, Thailand, and Vietnam.

Now what I don't know, is if all these plants manufacture trailer tires.

Just posting this for informational purposes.
If you own maxxis tires; check the manufacturer's code and let us know what plant made them. Now I am curious...

Manufacturer NameCHENG SHIN RUBBER (TIANJIN DAFENG) IND. CO., LTD.DOT0RAddressTIANJIN,
CHINA

Manufacturer NameCHENG SHIN RUBBER (VIETNAM) IND. CO., LTD.DOT5NAddressNHON TRACH, DONG NAI
VIETNAM

Manufacturer NameCHENG SHIN RUBBER (XIAMEN)DOT7FAddressXIAMEN SEZ,
CHINA

Manufacturer NameCHENG SHIN RUBBER IND. CO. LTD.DOTUYAddressTA TSUN, CHANG-HWA
TAIWAN

HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Old 03-13-2012, 12:53 PM   #27
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
If you search that database and use Goodyear as the manufacturer; there are 15 hits from Canada to Indonesia. China is included in that list.
Herk, when searching by that database, it doesn't take into account the tires that are "farmed out" by Goodyear (and other tire companies). It only lists the plants that Goodyear owns..........but not necessarily the plants that Goodyear pays to make tires for them, and put the Goodyear name on the tire.

All Goodyear tires don't necessarily come out of a Goodyear factory. This holds true for many brands. I know personally that Hankook Tire manufactures some BF Goodrich and Uniroyals, for Michelin.

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:06 PM   #28

Clarification: Is the location of the tire manufacturer an issue of quality or patriotism. I have bought a lot of US made products that are junk and China made products that are quality. Just saying.
2015 Crossroads Zinger ZT28BH
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:10 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Brown View Post
Clarification: Is the location of the tire manufacturer an issue of quality or patriotism. I have bought a lot of US made products that are junk and China made products that are quality. Just saying.
I think there are pretty many people on these forums who connotate anything with China = junk. I think there are always two sides to every story. Some people have had issues with their Chinese tires, some people have not. Same with Concertone; some people have had issues, others have not. I'm not rushing out to replace the tires on my TT because they may have been made in China.
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:15 PM   #30
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

got 6 lovely years out of my "china" tires with not one flat or blow out hmmmm .
honestly I thought when I traded it the tires still looked good for 6 years .