Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2012, 10:18 PM   #61
Mod free 5er

Even the Maxxis are built in Taiwan as well as other Far East countries. Michelins are also built all over the world. Bottom line, you just have to make up your own mind. Goodyear Marathons are often bad mouthed I think due to numerous reasons the main one being run low on pressure and thus they explode the same as any other brand. Goodyears just happen to be a more popular brand and therefore more comments. Strongly suggest that whatever tire you buy, make sure you get the ones that will carry the load and get a pressure monitor and keep them properly inflated.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:12 PM   #62

You're Canadian prices kind of blow me away here in the Midwest, USA. I got 4 Hercules ST tires, load range D, mounted and balanced for 450 US last spring. They replaced C range Carlisle after I had a blowout. I obviously needed 1, felt I needed 2 (1 tire carried the trailer load until I could get to safe place to change the flat), and I figured if I was buying 2, I'd do all 4. I put D tires on C wheels and aired them up to the maximum wheel pressure of 60PSI. Everyone from the tire dealer, to the tire rep, to the original selling dealer of the trailer agreed this was the way to go for longevity and safety.
beanoil is offline   Reply With Quote