Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2016, 11:22 AM   #1

Wet bolts vs neverfail bushing

I'm looking into replacing the old shackle set up on my TT and want some input. I'm looking at adding the thicker shackle and wet bolt set up and adding a equa-flex to replaced the cheap OEM one on the rig. So my question is has anyone done this and how can I tell what GVW rating of axles that I have now. I believe that they are Lippert as everything else is on the rig, just not sure how to fine out?? Also is the wet bolt a waste of time and are the never fail bushings that good. Any input would be great. Thanks for the help!!! I have not seen a wet bolt kit listed for the 3500 axles just the 4-6K are they the same??
2016 SILVERADO 2500HD 6.6 Duramax
2012 280BH Casscade
sammonilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 06:01 PM   #2

Scott, my new camper has the wet bolts. I've greased them twice since getting the coach back in July.
In all my 40 years of dealing with rotating machinery, the idea of a bushing called "neverfail" causes me to immediately think "oxymoron". Maybe they mean neverfail as long as you trade it in within five years.
I like the wetbolt system. When I rotate the tires, it's a perfect opportunity to put a shot of grease in the pins.
Old 03-08-2016, 06:13 PM   #3

Wet bolts vs neverfail bushing

Yes the 4-6k will work for your axles. I just did the same upgrade.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ad.php?t=97753

2014 Evo 2850 "Woodstock"
2011 Toyota Tundra "Clifford"

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote