Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2015, 09:34 AM   #1

Wheel bearing number

Hello all

I purchased a 2005 Flagstaff FS26 last year. Before the camping season starts I want to my yearly bearing maintenance. Does anyone with a similar trailer know what the bearing and seal part numbers are? I would like to know if my parts store have them before I tear it down.

Thanks in advance.

2005 Flagstaff FS26
2006 GMC Sierra Denali 6.0L
johngoat2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:40 AM   #2
Mod free 5er

The safest and surest way is to just bite the bullet and pull a hub and remove the seal, cups and cones. Also, try to get Timken replacements.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:45 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
The safest and surest way is to just bite the bullet and pull a hub and remove the seal, cups and cones. Also, try to get Timken replacements.
OC is right, pretty much comes down to tearing it down. In some cases you may find the factory axle manufacturer's sticker on the axle tube has survived and you can use that info on their website to get the bearing and seal numbers.

Fortunately on both of my trailers the OE Dexter label was still on the axle tubes and I got the bearing and seal numbers off Dexter's website before I pulled my hubs.
2012 Primetime Lacrosse 318 BHS
Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:46 AM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I'd be very surprised if napa didn't have what you need on hand.
At worst they can order them from the DC and you'll have it the next morning.

If you really don't want to do that if you have the axle capacity and manufacture you can take that info to napa and they can look it up.
But you may also need the brake shoe size so then your back to square 1
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:46 AM   #5
Happy Keystone Owner

And always carry an extra set 'cause you know if one fails it will be on a Sunday afternoon!

Sent from space

Years camping....55
dbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:48 AM   #6

I have to agree with OC because changes are made. Other thing you can do is get under the camper and get the information from the axle tag and then jump online and get the parts diagrams from the manufacturer. If you have a serial numbered axle, a call into them and they can tell you exactly what it has.

As for getting the replacements, IF you have a trailer dealer/fabricator/parts shop nearby, head straight to them versus an regular auto parts store. They will have everything you need in-stock. There really aren't that many styles of seals and bearing sets used in trailer axles. It's the inboard and outboard combinations that switch up. If you are a long-hauler, I suggest getting at least a pair of extra seals and a complete set of bearings for one hub. Pre-pack them and seal in a ziploc bag after you take out as much air as you can. Trust me, this can save a trip!

EDIT: Dang, I type too slow because all those above answered while I was typing!
Old 03-20-2015, 09:56 AM   #7

I was afraid you all would say that...

Thanks for the help.

2005 Flagstaff FS26
2006 GMC Sierra Denali 6.0L
johngoat2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wheel